Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: An idea.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just an idea at the moment, but I'm considering doing a Michael Jordan Collection of my own but with a twist - his base card from every product he's been in. I know there will some cards that will just be out of my reach (we all know those ones), but I think It's an attainable goal with about a 300 card collection (maybe less). I will have to wait until my late cousin's cards arrive to see exactly how feasable it would be, but what do you guys think? doable? or siimply forget about it? I will also be adopting my cousin's grant hill pc, but again I won't be doing nothing until his cards get here from sydney. There's still a lot of stuff to get from his ex -assuming she hasn't sold it or trashed it.
Do you only plan on doing base or subsets as well? The reason I ask is because some of the collector's choice sets have 10-15 different mj cards if you include subsets. If you do decide to do this I can help you out a lot.
That would be a pretty awesome collection. And with just doing base cards then it is pretty attainable. Obviously there would even be a couple of cards that would be very pricey but would perhaps be a long term goal.

Would you do NBA only, or would you include college?
Nick, I'd only do the main base card from every set. When it comes to 1998-99 Upper Deck sets where there's only the Jordan subset (ditto for 1999-00) I'll only do one card from them ones.

Dodgy, I'd probably do college also. And Maybe baseball depending on availability here. But as I said, it all depends on how many MJ cards my cousin has/had.
(08-08-2011, 08:35 PM)taffster74 Wrote: [ -> ]Nick, I'd only do the main base card from every set. When it comes to 1998-99 Upper Deck sets where there's only the Jordan subset (ditto for 1999-00) I'll only do one card from them ones.
Yeah some of those sets are pretty redic. Even though I'm an avid MJ collector I don't even bothe with a lot of those sets unless I can get them in a trade or a cheap lot on the bay. Keep me posted on if you decide this.
It's a shame to not include inserts or parallels, they always look good. But when it comes to realistically being able to complete a PC, I hear what you're saying.

I actually think it's a good idea. I have yet to find a MJ card that doesn't look good (the same happens to me with Kobe), so yeah, I'd say go for it.
I think collecting all of MJ's base cards is an excellent and realistic idea. Good plan!
(08-09-2011, 02:32 AM)will23c1982 Wrote: [ -> ]I think collecting all of MJ's base cards is an excellent and realistic idea. Good plan!

agreed. And I also have trouble finding an MJ that doesn't look good!

taff- if you go for it i have several doubles of base cards I'd be willing to toss your way whenever we do yet another trade.
I think this is a great idea. Are you going to try to get all of a certain brand first or pickup whatever ones you can?
JUST DO IT.. lol.. sounds good man!
Pages: 1 2