Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: OT: Will2c...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hope you're not being affected by the riots, man.
Thanks for thinking of me, I appreciate it.

The riots are awful, it's so depressing. Thankfully I'm 50 miles outside London so they shouldn't affect me directly. I have friends who live in the parts of London that are affected including a female friend who thankfully lives in a 10th floor apartment, but she's worried about her car getting burned out by vandals.

It's crazy.

As a teacher, it really makes me question how some young people in Britain can act so awfully. They have a complete disregard for authority and they have no morals.
I got your name wrong, but you knew it was you I was talking about.
(08-08-2011, 07:47 PM)taffster74 Wrote: [ -> ]Hope you're not being affected by the riots, man.
co-sign.

It's absolutely sickening. I'm not sure if you're able to view this video in your different countries, but the gang mentality is scary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14460554
Why did the riots start?
I watched that video...it's absolutly insane what is going on there.

Stay safe man!
(08-09-2011, 07:02 AM)vgqv Wrote: [ -> ]Why did the riots start?
A black citizen was shot dead by the police who thought he was armed. He was strongly linked with gang crime but is now suspected to have been innocent.

The man's family and local people in Tottenham, London started a peaceful protest on Sunday against the police.

However, it soon turned violent, with people setting fire to buses, police cars, buildings, shops, etc.

Since then, things have got completely out of control. Thousands of youths are organising looting and violence across all major UK cities. The police are outnumbered but the government has said they will not ask for the help of the army.

Hundreds of people have been arrested.

Here's a video of an innocent boy apparently being 'helped' but things are not what they seem (scroll down the link for the video), it's shocking...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new...child.html
(08-09-2011, 07:41 AM)will23c1982 Wrote: [ -> ]Here's a video of an innocent boy apparently being 'helped' but things are not what they seem (scroll down the link for the video), it's shocking...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/new...child.html
I don't like to talk politics, especially not here.
I saw that video earlier today and had a few four-letter words for it. It's just beyond comprehension
(08-08-2011, 07:54 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for thinking of me, I appreciate it.

The riots are awful, it's so depressing. Thankfully I'm 50 miles outside London so they shouldn't affect me directly. I have friends who live in the parts of London that are affected including a female friend who thankfully lives in a 10th floor apartment, but she's worried about her car getting burned out by vandals.

It's crazy.

As a teacher, it really makes me question how some young people in Britain can act so awfully. They have a complete disregard for authority and they have no morals.
One of the sad things about riots is the people usually destroy their own neighborhoods. It doesn't make it right regardless. I hope the tension over there calms down soon. Pece & Blessings