Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: How Would this Grade?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had this card forever. I bought this at a card shop 6 years ago before I really knew anything about grading. I am just learning about BGS and PSA (and know to stay away from BCCG) but I am not sure about SGC. The card is graded as a 88 or NM/MT. Is it safe to say that this would be at least a BGS 8 or BGS 8.5? Any insight would be helpful.

[Image: d105308d.jpg]
I could be wrong but I think SGC used to be one of the top graders when grading first started. It looks pretty clean to me. I would like to think that you could get at least a 8.5 (depending on the edges). I wouldn't be surprised if you got a 9.
I agree, it would be safe to say 8.5+. I'm getting the rondo card in my sig graded at the national tomorrow! Hope it gets a 9.5!
(08-06-2011, 04:29 PM)kenarm79 Wrote: [ -> ]I could be wrong but I think SGC used to be one of the top graders when grading first started. It looks pretty clean to me. I would like to think that you could get at least a 8.5 (depending on the edges). I wouldn't be surprised if you got a 9.
Thanks! Obviously I am no expert but the edges look great. The only thing I see that could hurt the grade is the top/bottom centering. Not sure though if this is how the card is supposed to look. The left/right centering also looks pretty good. Thanks for the comments!
(08-06-2011, 04:40 PM)chasescardcave Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, it would be safe to say 8.5+. I'm getting the rondo card in my sig graded at the national tomorrow! Hope it gets a 9.5!
Good Luck!
An 88 is typically a 8.
(08-06-2011, 08:30 PM)whodeyalltheway Wrote: [ -> ]An 88 is typically a 8.
Perfect, thats what I assumed. Maybe an 8.5, but that could be a stretch.