Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: What Happened to the Pirates?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Of course I'm not going to root for them as they are in the Central with the Cards, but they were looking pretty good this year....not to mention they went out and got all those new guys at the trade deadline. I know many people were talking about how their first half wasn't quite as tough schedule wise compared to their second half, but wow. They were in first a couple weeks ago and now they are 7 back??? It's crazy to think that they might be looking at a losing season again after such a good start.
I'd rather see them lead the central than the Brewers or Cardinals just because they haven't had a good season in a while
maybe the cubs can come back and take the division! hahahah, who am i kidding.
(08-04-2011, 10:34 PM)slufan83 Wrote: [ -> ]Of course I'm not going to root for them as they are in the Central with the Cards, but they were looking pretty good this year....not to mention they went out and got all those new guys at the trade deadline. I know many people were talking about how their first half wasn't quite as tough schedule wise compared to their second half, but wow. They were in first a couple weeks ago and now they are 7 back??? It's crazy to think that they might be looking at a losing season again after such a good start.
We've last 9 of 10 games...however 5 were by 1 run, 1 was by 2 runs, 1 by 3...so we've not been getting blown out! The bats have not been rolling at all..hopefully we gain some momentum so we can give St. Louis a good series this weekend...I will be traveling to the burgh for the Cards/Pirates game on Monday!

(08-04-2011, 10:34 PM)slufan83 Wrote: [ -> ]Of course I'm not going to root for them as they are in the Central with the Cards, but they were looking pretty good this year....not to mention they went out and got all those new guys at the trade deadline. I know many people were talking about how their first half wasn't quite as tough schedule wise compared to their second half, but wow. They were in first a couple weeks ago and now they are 7 back??? It's crazy to think that they might be looking at a losing season again after such a good start.
they play 14 games in 17 days starting the 12th against both Milwaukee & St. Louis. That could be their season right there. Plus 6 games in Sept (3 each Mil/St Louis). With 20 of their 52 remaining games against those 2 teams & Mil/St Louis have 9 games left between them Pittsburg needs to win most of those games.
Going on a 9-1 streak while the others go 2-8 would make it an interesting race. As they say, anything can happen & usually does.
Ouch 10 losses in a row now.....and to last place teams. I'm glad the Central is going to only be a 2 team race now, but I was really pulling for them to at least pull off a winning season.....the fans in Pitt deserve it after all those years of losing.
(08-07-2011, 08:36 PM)slufan83 Wrote: [ -> ]Ouch 10 losses in a row now.....and to last place teams. I'm glad the Central is going to only be a 2 team race now, but I was really pulling for them to at least pull off a winning season.....the fans in Pitt deserve it after all those years of losing.
The steelers and penguins have given the city of Pitt plenty! - sincerely a Cleveland fan.
As long as the Cards are fighting for the number 1 spot. No worries here : )