Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Exact same card found online
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is your opinion if I found a card online that is the exact same as the card I pulled. I don't want to give up too much information right now, but wondering if anyone has ever come across this happening. It is from an odd set as well and wanted to see what you guys/gals thought before I callled the card company and see what they say.

Thanks
I'm assuming you mean it is supposedly a 1/1 or something?
I don't understand the concern for giving out too much information. What is the issue? If you explain the cards and the sets they are from, maybe you would get an answer from one of us before you contact the company.

It could be a difference in parallel sets or even say a cyan plate and you may have a black plate or a magenta.
I had a Bill Russell auto from 08-09 SP authentic and it said one of one, but if you understand the set then you would realize that it was not a true 1 of 1. It was a manufactured letter "I" in the first name and there were more "I"s in a parallel set called something else.

These card companies have been playing up the 1/1's for a while now and they are not what they used to be anymore.

Let us know more and you could probably get a better answer.
No actually it is a hand numbered card and the exact same hand numbering appears online, but the numbering of the card does look different which would tell me they are different cards. They just have all the other exact same characteristics in the card that tell me they are the same card.
Hand numbered- that is your answer.

That is not unheard of in hand numbered cards, that the person marking the numbers loses track and either skips one or duplicates one of the hand written numbers.

If it is say numbered to 100 then there may be 2 of your number and no number 99 or 100. Usually the print runs are the same, the numbering just gets jacked up.
Ah, I see now. That's funny, someone screwed up the numbering! (Maybe?)
That is what I was thinking. I didn't want to put too much out there as there is one online for sale and didn't want to affect the sale and also I was going to give the manufacturer the benefit of the doubt (no idea why Smile). It is only out of 10 is one glaring thing to miss (out of 100 I would get) and comes from a pretty expensive product, so if a third one shows up, then I will look further into it.
Without further info we can really help you more. As got watcha want said, there could be variations that you are not aware of, but they someone here knows about and could explain further.

Once the auction is over just come back and let us know more details.
(08-04-2011, 11:37 AM)linkager007 Wrote: [ -> ]What is your opinion if I found a card online that is the exact same as the card I pulled. I don't want to give up too much information right now, but wondering if anyone has ever come across this happening. It is from an odd set as well and wanted to see what you guys/gals thought before I callled the card company and see what they say.

Thanks
It's hard for any of us to help you out on this situation, because the information you're putting out is too small. There are too many companies/products to give you a broad answer. At least give a product name and year. The only reason I could see you not giving out information about the auction is if you were planning on winning it.

Like what was said earlier, if you prefer to wait until the auction ends then give us more info on the card. Then we can help you more with this situation.
If it is hand numbered, could it be possible that your card or the card listed online was counterfeit? Hand numbered by just some average Joe trying to get the price of his base card up? This wouldn't be impossible. Is there some kind of holofoil sticker on your card or imprint from the company that authenticates it in some way? Same questions for the card in the auction.
Pages: 1 2