Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: SOMEBODY CRY WITH ME PLEASE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I JUST CAME HOME FROM THE STORE TO FIND MY SPORTS ROOM CARPET FLOODED. THROWING AWAY A 2500 COUNT BOX OF MARINERS CARDS AND THE ITEM THAT I ALMOST PASSED OUT OVER. MY 2500 COUNT BOX OF GRIFFEY DUPLICATES. PART OF MY PRIZED COLLECTION ALL WATER DAMAGED. I AM THROWING AWAY 2500 GRIFFEYS AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO HANDLE IT. 15+ YEARS OF COLLECTING IS ABOUT TO BE GONE IN 5 MINS.
OUCH!!!!
Wow....i don't know what to say. I'm seriously shedding a tear for you. That really sucks Sad
please tell me you have renter's insurance or homeowner's insurance. If so, you can get BV for every card. A buddy of mine had renter's insurance and the people above him left the bath running for 2 days. He got a lot of cash for his magic cards.
OMG! I'm so sorry man. I'd be seriously pissed and upset at the same time cry and hit a pillow.. it won't break your knuckles
Ive been there. I purchased some heavy duty utility shelves and make sure everything is atleast a foot off the ground. I lost a box of old cards from my father,bo jackson collection,signed indians photos and more due to sewer backup.

I feel your pain brother
(08-01-2011, 12:28 PM)michaelstepper Wrote: [ -> ]hit a pillow.. it won't break your knuckles.
Yea but putting your hand threw a wall feels so much better. Smile
That SUCKS. Sorry, man. : (
that really sucks, i put all my cards on the top shelve of my closet and drawer
(08-01-2011, 12:32 PM)talkntribe Wrote: [ -> ]Yea but putting your hand threw a wall feels so much better. Smile
very true.. but pinpoint the studs first.. it hurts

grfyConfusedounds like you have/had an amazing collection. if there's anything griffey i have marked that you could use let me know.
Renters/Homeowners around here only covers it if you have an added policy for this type thing. I agree though, don't throw anything. Let them dry out first. They are still your cards. If they are loaded it may help. Either way this is awful man. I am sure quite a few of us could send some Griffey base to get you started again when your ready. Let me know!
Pages: 1 2 3