Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Box-buying recommendations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm going to the National this weekend. What suggestions do you have as to which boxes I should buy? I don't mind spending about $100/box. I like going for AUs and JSYs (rather than parallels or filling out sets, etc.)

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,
hey enjoy national

well what are you into? are you looking for any set years?

for this year stuff if you want some older jerseys and players from the 1980's, I say Decades
(07-31-2011, 09:48 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: [ -> ]hey enjoy national

well what are you into? are you looking for any set years?

for this year stuff if you want some older jerseys and players from the 1980's, I say Decades
Not looking for any set years in particular. I like mixing it up and spending $80 on a box that contains only one pack of cards (Limited comes to mind). But I also like opening boxes with many packs. Your suggestion is an interesting one and I will keep it in mind!

Thanks,
(08-01-2011, 07:20 PM)gforman Wrote: [ -> ]Not looking for any set years in particular. I like mixing it up and spending $80 on a box that contains only one pack of cards (Limited comes to mind). But I also like opening boxes with many packs. Your suggestion is an interesting one and I will keep it in mind!

Thanks,
I think decades has a less change of striking out then Limited or Ultimate, but you can also hit very largely.

also if you like to mix it up more, try to go late 90's/early 2000's boxes that can be a fun break as well

well have fun and good luck
I would recommend SP Authentic. It is a bit more than 80 a box (usually around 110), but the extra money is worth it.
I really like the 10-11 Artifacts for some reason.
I find when attending shows that the best deals are on older products that dealers are looking to offload. Older products are a nice bang for your buck if you can pull one of the sought after hits
(08-03-2011, 12:02 PM)canadacardworld Wrote: [ -> ]I find when attending shows that the best deals are on older products that dealers are looking to offload. Older products are a nice bang for your buck if you can pull one of the sought after hits
that is true, so many buddies i know on another site, bust a lot of BTP from 1 year, just because boxes are so cheap and you can at least 1 card worth the same price as the price of the box