Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Help Me Out-Which One?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted some other opinions. I am gonna either buy a Exquisite Derrick Rose Rookie /99, Exquisite Kevin Durant Rookie /99, Exquisite Chris Paul Rookie /99, Exquisite Dwight Howard Rookie /99 or a BGS 9.5 Michael Jordan Rookie. Which do you guys think is the best choice?
Michael jordan because his cards are stable and all of those other players values are crazy high and what if they get an injury like yao ming and do u think derrick rose can dunk 20 yrs in the future like mj.
i would have to say the jordan also, and my reasoning is unbiased, mj has already accomplished alot of accolades, and you dont have to worry about him being injured as stated above. he is the most collected basketball player of all time. i wonder how the hobby will look at him in 30 years? his stuff could be in a league of its own, or people could possibly not even care about his stuff, who knows what the future holds.
I would say go for the Jordan. If you don't go for Jordan then go for the Rose.
The Jordan is your safest bet but not necessarily your best investment. Jordan has been and more than likely always will be the best and you can't go wrong. But on the other hand his 9.5 will be the most expensive. You can pick up any other one of those for cheaper and some have potential to increase in value.

The Chris Paul is by far your worst option and IMO you are just wasting your money. Point guards have never held their value because their production just doesn't hold up for very long throughout their careers. Speed is the first thing to go in all athletes and once they lose a step they are just not the same. When it comes to value in the hobby, scoring and points production is the main factor. Look at the top 10 scorers in the history of the NBA, only two of them are guards, one being a shooting guard in Kobe and the other a pg/sg in Oscar Robertson. But even though Oscar played pg, he was also 6'5""!!!

So even though Derrick Rose seems like a good bet right now, I can guarantee that in 3-5 years he too will start losing production and everyone will be off his bandwagon and on to the next explosive young pg!! If you picked up his Exquisite RC at the beginning of last year then It would have been a great investment because you could have got it for very cheap. But unless he ends up winning 3titles, which I don't see happening, then his cards have already hit their ceiling and will fall in a couple years once his production falls off as well.

So if you want something cheaper than the Jordan with potential for increased value then the Dwight Howard or Durant are your best options! Both of them have proven scoring ability which can continue without being as explosive once they start to age!
Id say Jordan Durant Rose in that order
As far as the best deal goes, I would go with CP3 on this guys. His values are rock bottom and when (not if) he leaves the Hornets, do you think he is going to a bad team on what may be his most valuable contract of his career? Dwight is in the same boat with a move coming soon, but it is the centers that for some reason crash on value in their later years because they last forever in the league. (i.e. SHAQ)

Of the list you gave, Chris Paul and Dwight Howard are the ones with the best chance of the highest return on the investment.

If you want a safe investment take MJ and as for the others (Durant and Rose) they have hit thier ceiling for the forseeable future you would be buying high in hopes of selling higher.

BUY LOW SELL HIGH, if your looking for a return and this is not for your PC purposes.
Jordan!!!