Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: confused by multiplier
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I looked at an auction for a 2007-08 black diamond triple diamond booking at about $6. The guy has it listed at $10 and claims its worth $48.
He gets this figure by multiplying the $6 by 8. Can somebody explain this I just don't get it.
The seller is wrong, the only multiplier on black daimond is for Ruby which is 2.5 for stars & 3 for rookies. Golds & Platinums are NPDTS. The only yhing I could think is that the odds of getting a triple are 1 in 8, that is were he is getting the 8 from.
Thanks for shedding some light on this
(07-27-2011, 05:36 PM)titan501ca Wrote: [ -> ]The seller is wrong, the only multiplier on black daimond is for Ruby which is 2.5 for stars & 3 for rookies. Golds & Platinums are NPDTS. The only yhing I could think is that the odds of getting a triple are 1 in 8, that is were he is getting the 8 from.
what he says
(07-27-2011, 05:36 PM)titan501ca Wrote: [ -> ]The seller is wrong, the only multiplier on black daimond is for Ruby which is 2.5 for stars & 3 for rookies. Golds & Platinums are NPDTS. The only yhing I could think is that the odds of getting a triple are 1 in 8, that is were he is getting the 8 from.
So at most, it should be $15-$18...MAYBE $20, depending on who it was...