Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Braves win?!?! Very close call
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Did any see that play? I don't know. I say that Lugo was tagged, but after watching the replay 6-8 times, it is very close. Sometimes it looks like the tag went between the leg and the the arm, then it look like he slightly hit his leg. Another angle, it look like he tagged his leg and arm. Very close. See for your self.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp...e&c_id=atl
I stayed up until 2 to watch that game. That was the worst call I have ever seen in my life. It wasnt even close. You can tell by Lugos reaction that he knew he was out. Plus, McKenry lifted his glove right after he tagged him, I dont think he would have done that if he knew he hadnt made the tag.

The worst part is that they would have had a double play too and been out of the inning. Proctor fell right out of the box and had Lugo been out at home, McKenry could have thrown to first to get him out.

Awful awful awful call. Especially for a team like the Pirates who is giving it everything they have just to stay with the Brewers and Cardinals. If this doesnt convince Bud Selig that the MLB needs replay nothing will.
That wasnt even close he was in the batters box when he tagged him. Thats one of the worst calls Ive ever seen. no way he was safe.
Wow, I think he was out. You know what that was, the ump was tired and he was ready to go home.
There probably is some truth to this and if thats the case he should be suspended because the umps shouldnt be deciding games like that. If it was an honest mistake so be it but this is another example of why instant replay should be expanded.

(07-27-2011, 09:04 AM)dkotart Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, I think he was out. You know what that was, the ump was tired and he was ready to go home.
Yeah im a braves fan and he was out by a mile. like dkotart said they just wanted to go home after almost a 7 hour game.
But im not complaining at all...a wins a win
such a great slide by proctor to win the game in the bottom of the 19th for us!
Looked like an easy call "out" to me. I liked the call but I don't think he got it right, should have been out.
Having been an umpire for last 20 or so years, having attended Jim Evans' School of Professional Umpiring, I watched the play a lil differently. The worst part of the call, tag applied or not, is that the umpire called him safe and signed him safe before Lugo ever touched home plate. Lugo actually touches the plate a few secconds after the call was made.....
(07-27-2011, 10:42 AM)johnxgodfree Wrote: [ -> ]such a great slide by proctor to win the game in the bottom of the 19th for us!

haha, that's another reason pitchers shouldn't hit!
Pages: 1 2