Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Canada Post Customer Service
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone tried calling them?

I am furious at the moment because I came home to find in my mailbox an envelope that's clearly been ripped open on one end, and with no cards inside, as if nothing happened. Although the card wasn't anything super valuable (Michael Sauer Ice rookie /999), it still pisses me off that they just delivered as if no wrong doing had happened.

This card was obviously mailed at a US post office, since no other place would make you declare 1 card and with an official customs sticker, so there was no tampering from the sender.

I'm just SO angry at the moment because I had just spent ~5 dollars to send out a package with them today. I know that there is a chance that there was something fishy on the USPS side too, but for some reason , all I can suspect is CP since they've had problems with theft before.

Sad
Just to play devils advocate, is there any possibility that someone took the envelope out of your mailbox and then stole the card and put the envelope back?
Crappy deal man I would be angry too. There are times that packages can get caught in the mail processing machines and get ripped open.. it doesnt happen too often but ive seen it once or twice. The lettercarriers have to deliver anything that they receive even if it is an empty envelope. Usually the damaged item is placed in a "sorry this happened bag". Chances are if you call customer service you will get the standard sorry but there is nothing that we can do unless you have insurance speech. You would be better off contacting your local post office and finding a supervisor to talk to.

Hope that helps. Cheers!
(07-26-2011, 05:40 PM)adamslogik Wrote: [ -> ]Just to play devils advocate, is there any possibility that someone took the envelope out of your mailbox and then stole the card and put the envelope back?
I would have considered that too, but I live in an apartment so the only guy who has access to the "mail room" is the security guard and the mail man. Don't think my security guards would go through each cubby hole to see if there's anything good to take...so.....Sad

Quote:Crappy deal man I would be angry too. There are times that packages can get caught in the mail processing machines and get ripped open
If it wasn't such a clean, nice rip I would suspect that too. A "sorry" bag would at least show they acknowledged a mistake. You think that CS would give me the number to the local post office? Or is this something I have to find online?

In any case, thanks for the replys.
the phone number should be listed, i would call them or if you can, stop by and talk to them,

but that blows, i had that happen to me a few times and it stinks