Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Is this crazy or is it just me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the BV for this card: 2005-06 Upper Deck Jerseys Series II #J2PS Patrick Sharp is a lot more then I expected it to be. I keep seeing it in people's orgs and I have always wondered why the BV is what it is.

It wasn't Sharp's rookie year so that has nothing to do with it. Was it an SP or something or is Beckett a little wacked out on this one?

Anybody have a clue?

Nick
(07-25-2011, 02:53 PM)nickthekid87 Wrote: [ -> ]So the BV for this card: 2005-06 Upper Deck Jerseys Series II #J2PS Patrick Sharp is a lot more then I expected it to be. I keep seeing it in people's orgs and I have always wondered why the BV is what it is.

It wasn't Sharp's rookie year so that has nothing to do with it. Was it an SP or something or is Beckett a little wacked out on this one?

Anybody have a clue?

Nick
I would guess beckett is whacked on this one haha. I can find a bunch on eBay as well.

http://sports-cards.shop.ebay.com/Hockey...86.c0.m282
(07-25-2011, 02:58 PM)nuccionino Wrote: [ -> ]I would guess beckett is whacked on this one haha. I can find a bunch on eBay as well.

http://sports-cards.shop.ebay.com/Hockey...86.c0.m282
WOW. $4 for some of them BIN. That is pretty bad on the OPG's part.
I don't get what you mean. BV low is the same as the e-Bay prices the previous posters mentioned.

There might be something off about the online "pricing", but the comprehensive yearly version is well withing the ball-park.
I lowered the card down a few levels and will check more closely tomorrow for you guys. It may have gotten bumped a bit high when the Blackhawks were playing well and won the Cup. But I will take a look.

Thanks, Bill
(07-25-2011, 05:15 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get what you mean. BV low is the same as the e-Bay prices the previous posters mentioned.

There might be something off about the online "pricing", but the comprehensive yearly version is well withing the ball-park.
The low is $12 and the high is $30. None of the eBay listings are at $12. Are you sure you looked up the same card?
(07-25-2011, 07:15 PM)nickthekid87 Wrote: [ -> ]The low is $12 and the high is $30. None of the eBay listings are at $12. Are you sure you looked up the same card?
Absolutely, in the most recent big book as well. Low $4, high $10. Online must have the error because the paper copy is in the ballpark.

It is exactly the same #J2PS from 2005-06 Upper Deck Series II. Everybody makes mistakes, as much as I have my gripes about their current system here, I often respect the values Beckett puts on cards.
(07-25-2011, 07:23 PM)irbefan4life Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely, in the most recent big book as well. Low $4, high $10. Online must have the error because the paper copy is in the ballpark.

It is exactly the same #J2PS from 2005-06 Upper Deck Series II. Everybody makes mistakes, as much as I have my gripes about their current system here, I often respect the values Beckett puts on cards.
As do I. I think they do a good job an there is always going to be error. Just thought I'd bring this up and it looks like it will be fixed.

Sometimes I see the card in people's orgs and, although I am not strict with BV trading, I know that some people are and I don't want them to think I am being cheap by trying to get them to view the low value of the card.
Same thing magically happened a few months back with the 05-06 Franzen YG. It was booked at $40 for as long as I can remember (year +?), then all the sudden after I traded for 2 more of them, the just dropped down to $10. This was before the playoffs even started, so its not like they were eliminated, and it's not like he was playing that PUTRID to drop the value of the card 75%.
it happens

sometimes a lot of sales $ when a player or team is hot makes the pricing equation or whatever system uses go way high

on that note thanks for looking into this Bill!