Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: POLL: Favorite Current Retail Set?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is your favorite set from 2011 that is retail, sorry no Tribute or other high end hobby in this poll. Also would be more interesting if you included why. This is just for fun, I'm curious to see what people like.

I'll try to keep the votes tallied on the top of this thread.

Results as of 7-28:
Topps Series One and Two: 2
Heritage: 2
Bowman: 2
Gypsy Queen: 4
Allen & Ginter: 2
Topps Chrome: 1
Bowman Platinum: 2
Topps Chrome because of the parallels
My favorite is Gypsy Queen. I love collecting the mini's. While I still like Allen and Ginter the look of the Gypsy Queen looks better in my opinion for 2011.
Gypsy Queen has been my favorite. I like the large variety of mini sets, the look of the cards as well as all of the HOF players.
I always like Topps series 1 and 2. Topps chrome is alright too, but often times the cards are all warped and that bothers me.

I love that they use real in game photos for the front of the card, and still have the stats on the back. Im not a fan of some of the inserts this year, but they arent awful I guess.
I really enjoyed the Heritage Set for the same reason as the others.....the parallel sets. But then again, I'm partial to all parallel sets.

But for Heritage, I like how they only selected 100 cards to make parallels instead of doing all 500. Makes it more manageable.

For Gypsy Queen, it would just be too much. You have the minis, the insert minis, the SP minis, the black minis, the red back minis, the sepia minis, the leather minis and then the printing plates. Too much can be a bad thing at times and outside of the regular minis, putting a set together would very, very difficult.
Gypsy Queen. I really like the look of the autos and the framed relics.
Interesting answers so far. No Ginter love?
I didn't see it up there, but Bowman is pretty sweet. I always love Heritage, I like to put a set together every year... or try.
gypsy queen because it seems like u get more hits in them
Pages: 1 2