Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Onsite BGS Grading/Slabbing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm interested in getting some MJ's graded and I just noticed that BGS is offering full service grading at the national card show in Chicago. Has anyone had any experience with this service? If I submitted several cards, how long would the process take? Same day? Overnight? Anyway, thanks ahead of time for your responses!

I do plan on "showing off" my MJ collection soon! I've seen some incredible cards/collections posted on these boards and I would like to join in on the fun!
I know nothing about it as I live in Omaha, Nebraska. Sad We gets no love like that even with the nice buildings going up around here. On the other hand I still have my computer, this site and cards!!! Smile So, when you do get those nice slabs please add them to the BGS card show-off athon!....lol Have fun at Nationals, one day I will see that in person!!!
(07-22-2011, 11:44 PM)9ersncrabtree Wrote: [ -> ]I know nothing about it as I live in Omaha, Nebraska. Sad We gets no love like that even with the nice buildings going up around here. On the other hand I still have my computer, this site and cards!!! Smile So, when you do get those nice slabs please add them to the BGS card show-off athon!....lol Have fun at Nationals, one day I will see that in person!!!
I have a friend who lives in Nebraska, and there's not a whole lot happening there. Although, I'm not too high on Chicago, either! Given the chance, I'd move in a heartbeat.

Anyway, Nationals should be fun. I haven't been to it in a couple years, at least. I remember being a little disappointed last time I went. Basketball cards just don't seem to be near as popular as baseball and football. The cards I found that I really wanted were way beyond what I had budgeted. I guess that's how it always works out.

Well, I'll post the cards asap!
Hey man, the onsite grading just gives you a raw grade, you would still need to submit your card get get slabbed. If you plan on getting many cards graded, it's not worth it, you are better off mailing all your cards in.
Im not sure about having the cards actually slabbed at the show.... they may offer thaqt for the National bhut ive seen the raw grading process and they provide a thin plastic holder with the grade sticker on top.

IMO if you want to get the cards slabbed its the safest way to submit your cards. You're handing them directly to the BGS representative for submission. The process isnt much faster but much much safer.

GL.
You can get cards slabbed at the National unless it has changed since last year. There is an option to get it graded overnight or close to it, but it is quite a bit more money. Another option they give you is to submit them and then they will send them back to your address when they are done with them. Like other people have said, you can get the raw grade as well.
Thanks for the responses! It is much cheaper, and safer, to submit cards at Nationals and just wait it out. I guess I've never had cards graded because of the fear that a card would somehow get damaged. That would be my luck, anyway!
(07-26-2011, 11:07 AM)rudolphbeezhold Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the responses! It is much cheaper, and safer, to submit cards at Nationals and just wait it out. I guess I've never had cards graded because of the fear that a card would somehow get damaged. That would be my luck, anyway!
I've submitted through mail a few times and haven't had any issues. But if you drop off at Nationals, that's one less thing you'd have to worry about! What service would you be using? 10 Day, 20 Day?
We will be offering FULL SERVICE GRADING at the National, including slabbing your cards on site if you like.

You can have your cards graded/slabbed on site, authenticated/slabbed on site or have them sent back to Dallas for services like 45-day turnaround. All cards headed to Dallas are delivered back to the Beckett HQ via armored truck.

Thanks, Bill
(07-26-2011, 11:17 AM)htowntigger Wrote: [ -> ]I've submitted through mail a few times and haven't had any issues. But if you drop off at Nationals, that's one less thing you'd have to worry about! What service would you be using? 10 Day, 20 Day?
I was thinking about going with the 20 day service. At $10 a pop, I was thinking about sending 20+ cards to take advantage of the price and the fact that I can drop them off directly to Beckett. I was originally thinking about just having my MJ autos (2) graded onsite, but it's a little steep at $30 a card. Bill posted that the full onsite service includes grading and slabbing, but I'm on the fence about which option to take.

Pages: 1 2