Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Need help with this Oilers Patch!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can somebody tell me where this patch piece come from?
Thank you all.
[Image: SCAN0144.jpg]
(07-21-2011, 10:09 PM)subbansfan Wrote: [ -> ]Can somebody tell me where this patch piece come from?
Thank you all.
[Image: SCAN0144.jpg]
I'm an Oilers fan and have NO clue. Maybe it comes from some letter patch deal that they never used. Every other one that I saw had some other letter on it-- an"S" and an "N".

Does it say anything on the back? I have heard that UD does not specify anymore.
the colour seems wrong, maybe it is his junior jersey
It looks like the Sptifires colours, but it doesn't look like a Spitfires patch...

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=d...di9gkglsht
That looks like Windsor Spitfires colours, but it looks like an E and R, which is nowhere in the teams logo or the players name....did he play for Team Cherry in the Orr vs Cherry game by chance?
Very strange?!?! Does it say anything on the back of the card? Sometimes they do "from a game used Oilers jersey" or whatever.

Maybe its an error. It looks like the letters E & R, but the colors don't make sense with anything he's worn. OHL all-star jersey or something we don't often see?
It says:
You have received a trading card with Event-Used NHL memorabilia... The memorabilia has been certified to us as having been used in a rookie photo shoot...
good old upper deck event worn photo shoot, I'm leaning towards a spitfires jersey.
maybe pre nhl draft photos jersey? not really sure as well
How about that they are the "E" and "R" from Edmonton Oilers. All the other Ultimate patches that I saw listed on Ebay would fit into a letterman patch deal that spells that out. Also UD got in trouble recently because where they said on the back of the cards that something came from was wrong and this may be another instance of that. And I heard that they have been doing it a lot.
Pages: 1 2