Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Sure, its 89' Donruss. But this is still lucky. Scans added
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I just started collecting again not too long ago after about a 13-15 year break. The only Griffey Jr RC I have is a 89 Topps Traded that now has a crease in it somehow from the years it was unattended to. So needless to say a Griffey Jr RC is something Ive been wanting to pick up since I started collecting again. I bought a 36ct wax box of 89 Donruss today for $10, dont know if thats good or not but its only $10 so I didnt care. Very first pack in I hit a Randy Johnson RC, ok not a bad start maybe Ill get that Griffey eventually. Second pack in and bam there it is a nice looking Griffey RC staring me in the face. Yea sure its only a 89' Donruss but Im 2 packs in and I got one already so Im pretty stoked. Anyways just felt like sharing with everyone Im going to open the other 34 packs now maybe Ill get a few more haha. Later everyone.

Ok cooled off a bit in the 3rd pack. But can someone tell me whats up with this Jose Canseco 40/40 #643? Why does beckett have it listed as a print run of 40? Its value obviously says otherwise and so does the "have" section of everyone's organizer stats. Im just curious. Thanks.

Wow....pack #4 just gave me Griffey RC #2. Is this normal?
Did you buy some sleeves with that box? 89 'Russ are pretty condition sensitive. Keep those Griffs mint. How is the centering on them?
(07-20-2011, 11:42 PM)killrbees17 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you buy some sleeves with that box? 89 'Russ are pretty condition sensitive. Keep those Griffs mint. How is the centering on them?
Ive got a stack of sleeves right here next to me. I may need more though. I just opened pack #8 and scored another one so that makes 3 so far. As far as centering goes, one of them looks perfect from what I can tell and 2 look like they may be a little off. But I havent been doing this very long so I dont know what is considered minor and whats major.
Nice indeed! I have a few 89 donruss cards myself if you want to finish off that set. Let me know!
for 20 dollars I will sell you a 1989 Topps Traded Griffey graded PSA10 I have two of them and would like to move one. PM if interested
nothing wrong with donruss..Photobucket
(07-21-2011, 08:01 PM)bman12 Wrote: [ -> ]nothing wrong with donruss..Photobucket
no, but pretty much anything from that era has significantly less value than any other era. thats what the OP was trying to say
(07-20-2011, 11:14 PM)Datwell0724 Wrote: [ -> ]So I just started collecting again not too long ago after about a 13-15 year break. The only Griffey Jr RC I have is a 89 Topps Traded that now has a crease in it somehow from the years it was unattended to. So needless to say a Griffey Jr RC is something Ive been wanting to pick up since I started collecting again. I bought a 36ct wax box of 89 Donruss today for $10, dont know if thats good or not but its only $10 so I didnt care. Very first pack in I hit a Randy Johnson RC, ok not a bad start maybe Ill get that Griffey eventually. Second pack in and bam there it is a nice looking Griffey RC staring me in the face. Yea sure its only a 89' Donruss but Im 2 packs in and I got one already so Im pretty stoked. Anyways just felt like sharing with everyone Im going to open the other 34 packs now maybe Ill get a few more haha. Later everyone.
I have a bunch of the triple blister packs, i rem seeing a Griffey R/C as the top card & left that & most others sealed. I think these blisters has the Canseco BC printed on the packaging.

nice box. the collation back then was spotty which is why you got 3 griffeys. You would usually get cards numbered together and the same box would often be all from the same part of the set. I did the same thing with 82 topps when I got 3 ripkens in the same box. congrats.
(07-22-2011, 07:56 AM)_ZENAS_ Wrote: [ -> ]nice box. the collation back then was spotty which is why you got 3 griffeys. You would usually get cards numbered together and the same box would often be all from the same part of the set. I did the same thing with 82 topps when I got 3 ripkens in the same box. congrats.
I've heard of 89 Upper Deck being the same way. Some boxes would have no griffey, and some would have 5 of them.
Pages: 1 2