Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Retail Loser Story for July
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So my girlfriend works at a Target. I gave her a call the other day to see if she could check and see if her store had some Ginter in and if so if she could use her discount and get me some and I'd pay her back. Well today we went to go see the new Harry Potter movie and grab an early dinner and she was telling me that the previous day on her lunch break she went to go check out the cards for me. She got there to find a GIRL sitting on the floor with EVERY pack of A&G going through them one by one. She said to to her, "looking for some inserts?" She told me it startled the girl and that she said no and that she was counting them for her husband and planned to buy them all. Apparently she did buy them all. She then told me a few hours later she was at the return desk and saw a huge stack of A&G packs. They were apparently returned and couldn't go back on the shelf and had be sent back as defective. I'm not making any assumptions, but that suuuuure does sound fishy. She told me that they looked sealed still, but why would you buy ALL of the packs only to return them a few hours later? Some people....
Probably took them home and weighed them, kept the ones with framed cards, took the rest back.
Man you are right. That is messed up.
Noo kidding....needless to say I haven't been able to buy much Ginter. I can't afford a hobby box right now and I checked my local Mal-Mart a day or two after they came out only to see that my store had been pack searched too. I even found a couple packs there were bent in half. Why oh why do pack searching scumbags have to ruin the hobby for those who have no card shop around and are stuck buying retail just for the occasional thrill of opening a few packs?
I got a blaster on eBay for less than 20 shipped (surprisingly), you might want to try that
i agree dude i cant tell u how many times i have found packs open or what not the last 2 times i have gone 2 walmart i have seen card packs ripped open and cards obviously taken from them and what had remand was bent and looked like a 2 year old got a hold of it i mean its just *MOD EDIT: WATCH YOUR LANGUAGE* crazy
Wow that's crazy!
I guess pack searchers are learning new tactics....make their wives do their dirty work.....Next I bet they are going to start teaching their children to do it so other shoppers/employees would be less inclined to say something about it.
Doing that pack searching thing seems like it would be embarrassing as hell. I agree with you slufan83, I bet the girls boyfriend sent her there to do the dirty work for him and she got embarrassed, bought them and returned them after searching at home. Every time I see someone doing it I give them a hard time unless they are kids. I hated it when folks were thumbing rack packs back in the 80's. It's a piss poor practice that ruins it for the kids and hurts the store's sales.
I really think these stores need to lock the cards up like they do the video games.
My two cents worth.......
One time I bought a pack and in the car i noticed it was opened. Another time I bought a packthat had football and hockey in a baseball pack. I guess some $cumbag resealed them. Boy that sure is low.
Pages: 1 2 3