Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: just got this off the bay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
More evidence of the absurdity of BV
y u say that
I think he just means stuff that books for 10 or 15 bucks always seems to go for a couple bucks so why not just make it that BV instead.
(07-20-2011, 08:46 AM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: [ -> ]I think he just means stuff that books for 10 or 15 bucks always seems to go for a couple bucks so why not just make it that BV instead.
+1 I use BV as points to score packs...and that's about it.
(07-20-2011, 09:16 AM)JASCards Wrote: [ -> ]+1 I use BV as points to score packs...and that's about it.
I think for cards that book in the range would be a little more accurate if they were BGS 9's or higher.

Then they would actually hold that value. I don't know if you remember or not, but beckett had a graded card price guide come out a while back. I forgot when, but ever since then, I have wanted them to come out with another and I don't think they have.
(07-20-2011, 09:22 AM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: [ -> ]I think for cards that book in the range would be a little more accurate if they were BGS 9's or higher.

Then they would actually hold that value. I don't know if you remember or not, but beckett had a graded card price guide come out a while back. I forgot when, but ever since then, I have wanted them to come out with another and I don't think they have.
They don't print that magazine anymore but it's included in OPG I think.
(07-20-2011, 08:46 AM)jtulliakat0628 Wrote: [ -> ]I think he just means stuff that books for 10 or 15 bucks always seems to go for a couple bucks so why not just make it that BV instead.
If you lowered the BV on every card then on average cards would sell for even less. People like to think they got a good deal compared to BV. It's like MSRP versus what you really pay for something at a store. You feel better about a purchase and are more likely to buy something if it is on sale.
(07-20-2011, 09:42 AM)benner73 Wrote: [ -> ]They don't print that magazine anymore but it's included in OPG I think.
I didn't know that man. Is it after you see the regular prices for the raw card?
(07-20-2011, 06:10 PM)djohn Wrote: [ -> ]If you lowered the BV on every card then on average cards would sell for even less. People like to think they got a good deal compared to BV. It's like MSRP versus what you really pay for something at a store. You feel better about a purchase and are more likely to buy something if it is on sale.
But if you are always getting it at the sale price, doesn't it become the new retail price then?lol
agree no such thing as book value. who is going to give you book value for it if you needed to sell it tomorrow?

It should just be called market value and that price is whatever the last card sold for on EBAY. SO that card is really worth 3-4 dollars because no one would pay more than that for it except for you.
Pages: 1 2