Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: What years are the best to buy boxes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I will be going to the National for the week/weekend in Chicago and was curious as to what years of football product are the best. Also, which products do you guys like from those years? I usually just collect basketball, but think I am going to buy almost all football boxes this year.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: Are certain players exclusively signed with Upper Deck, Topps, or Panini like they are for basketball or can I pull everyone from all of the products?
2007 and 2010 both have pretty strong rookie classes if you are looking for those star rookie players
(07-19-2011, 09:39 AM)drtithof Wrote: [ -> ]I will be going to the National for the week/weekend in Chicago and was curious as to what years of football product are the best. Also, which products do you guys like from those years? I usually just collect basketball, but think I am going to buy almost all football boxes this year.

Thanks for the help.
Be very careful on Redemptions in older products. Big rookies are Adrian Peterson is 2007, Matt Ryan, Chris Johnson, Jermichael Finley, Mendenhall, Flacco are 2008. I think redemptions from Panini are expired up through 2009 Contenders (they expired last month). IMO get the rookie year of the player you like and research the redemptions. I'm not sure where to get the original redemption information as Beckett eliminates the "EXCH" in the OPG if the card is "live".
1990 Fleer Tongue
I say every year is a good year to buy boxes...

I know I buy a few boxes every year...

(my attempt at humor)
(07-19-2011, 12:22 PM)soccerscrub Wrote: [ -> ]I say every year is a good year to buy boxes...

(my attempt at humor)
2004 is probably one of the best years. Eli manning, fitzgerald, rivers, Big Ben..... um I know there are a couple others.

2008 is another good year.

Besides revis, c.johnson, peterson, and j. thomas, 2007 is a waste if you are looking for rookie cards.
04 08 2010 are the best to go for as far as rookies go.
(07-19-2011, 11:58 AM)chevy man 22 Wrote: [ -> ]1990 Fleer Tongue
Good stuff there!!!
I'd say 1998 hands down in my opinion! Most are relatively affordable out side of SP Authentic and SPX. I mean what else could you get that offers rookies of both Peyton Manning and Randy Moss!? Perhaps the best QB and WR of our generation!

Bowman, Topps, and UD are all the affordable 1998 boxes and even those you have chances of pulling Manning and Moss RC autos! Then if you do decide to go high end SP Authentic you have a chance at the base Manning/Moss Future Watch Rookies as well as the die cuts, players ink autos, and the parallel players ink autos! Awesome stuff!
1998, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, and this past yr, 2010.

The best product is Contenders, from all years, all have autos, and as far as price goes, 05, 08, and '10 are the best bets, the others yrs have steep pricing.

Elite is also good for 04 and 05. SP Authentic for 98, 2000. 07 and 08 UD Rookie Premiere is also really nice for the price.
Pages: 1 2