Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Help identifying a card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a collection of Shaq cards back from my collecting days, and before I sell my entire sports card collection, I want to figure out this one card that I have. I've not been able to find anything about it anywhere on the internet using any keywords I can think of. There are no branding marks, dates (although the stats listed date it to after the 92-93 season), and no card number (although there is a very small "130" in the bottom right corner of the back of the card, but it looks nothing like any card number I've ever seen). The title of the card is "Towers of Power", but it doesn't appear to have any connection to the Fleer cards of the same name. The front features David Robinson, Shaquille O'Neal, and Hakeem Olajuwon, and the back features stats for the top 10 League Leaders in Blocks (for the aforementioned 92-93 season). I'm going to try to attach photos, my apologies if I screw it up, this is my first post here. Any help with this card would be greatly appreciated.

[Image: Towers-of-Power1-M.jpg]

[Image: Towers-of-Power2-M.jpg]
(07-18-2011, 10:43 PM)jrathman Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a collection of Shaq cards back from my collecting days, and before I sell my entire sports card collection, I want to figure out this one card that I have. I've not been able to find anything about it anywhere on the internet using any keywords I can think of. There are no branding marks, dates (although the stats listed date it to after the 92-93 season), and no card number (although there is a very small "130" in the bottom right corner of the back of the card, but it looks nothing like any card number I've ever seen). The title of the card is "Towers of Power", but it doesn't appear to have any connection to the Fleer cards of the same name. The front features David Robinson, Shaquille O'Neal, and Hakeem Olajuwon, and the back features stats for the top 10 League Leaders in Blocks (for the aforementioned 92-93 season). I'm going to try to attach photos, my apologies if I screw it up, this is my first post here. Any help with this card would be greatly appreciated.

[Image: Towers-of-Power1-M.jpg]

[Image: Towers-of-Power2-M.jpg]
From what I can see it looks to be a unlicensed card. They will not be listed in beckett for that reason. Some people will pay a buck or two for them but thats about it
yeah, its unlicensed, but they card looks sweet and they did a good job with the facsimile autos.
Thanks for the help guys. I've always liked the card, but if it's not worth pulling out and selling separately I'll just let it go in the whole lot.
I agree with PingBling, this is definitely not your average oddball. Very nicely done facsimile autos and also the holo effect in the titles are neatly done. It's a shame that cards are not necessarily valued (money-wise) in relation to how nice they look.
you never know though.. someone might want that card, could go for 5 dollars or more on the bay!

And if it had ewing on the front I would go into a bidding war over it!
One way you can tell it's unlicensed is from the scans, I can't see any team names. Even on the back, the city is listed, not the team name.