Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Storage Locker Raid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys, i was just looking for some help/info. A customer of mine used to own a card shop until the early 90's. She went out of business, and put everything in a storage locker, and let me raid it the other day. I found a bunch of awesome baseball football and basketball stuff but not much hockey. Here is the hockey stuff I did find. any of it have any value at all?

Thanks

12 wax packs 90 91 Topps
37 wax packs 89 90 O Pee Chee
22 packs 91 92 Score Series 1 Bilingual w/ Canadian flag
5 packs 91 92 Score Series 1 English w/ Canadian flag
22 packs 91 92 score w/ American flag
2 packs 90 91 Pro Set
11 packs 91 91 Upper Deck High Series
4 packs 91 92 Upper Deck
21 packs 91 92 stadium club

not really man. Sorry to say but those cards are from the absolute LOWEST valued era.

It looks like you did much better with the baseball you got out of it.

Sorry about the hockey but congrats on everything else.
Thats what I figured, but I freakin killed it on the baseball. Thanks anyway.
What are you planning on doing with those packs?
The 1991-92 Score could contain numbered autographed Bobby Orr cards. 1991-92 Upper deck could contain numbered Brett Hull autograph cards. The 1990-91 Pro set could contain a numbered hologram card. These cards are worth roughly a hundred dollars each in mint condition.

However, the odds on pulling one of these is insanely low and if you don't pull one of these all other cards are worthless. They make good firestarters though.
P803: Not sure. may open the ones cheatinc just mentioned. do you have any interest ?

cheatinc: thanks for the info
I would open them all. You won't get much if you sell them, so why not roll the dice and see if you can get lucky again?
ok then. sounds like a plan. here i goo ill let you guys know if i get anything
did not get anything
(07-17-2011, 04:44 PM)jwest1334 Wrote: [ -> ]ok then. sounds like a plan. here i goo ill let you guys know if i get anything
did not get anything
like i said, the odds of getting one of those valuable cards are insane. You could open 10+ CASES of those products and never hit one. Just goes to show how massively overprinted the cards were in those days.
too bad you didn't hit anything