Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Jeremy Roenick PC (help ID a card)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"Jeremy Roenick Is Miiiiines...(LINK)"

Like many here, I generally like to collect great players...but I've been working on a Sharks PC too. Maybe a little harsh?

But it's - what, a fool's errand? an oxymoron? - difficult, to say the least, to collect "great" Sharks. Who among those who've donned teal in the last 20 years could truly be considered for that label?

I count Teemu Selanne, with all due caveats and reservations. Besides the awesome Igor Larionov, Eddie Belfour's the only other "Shark" in the HOF, and I'm sure as heck not going to start a Belfour PC. I draw the line at Selanne. Someday, hopefully, Joe Thornton?

What about Jeremy Roenick? He's fun to collect because his autographs have been pretty tough to track down, and he's flat out entertaining. Even in the twilight of his career, Roenick has made a big impact during his time in San Jose. Not to mention, he's rooted for us against Chicago two years ago during the WCFs and speaks the truth about his ex-teammate Patrick Marleau because you're hardest on those you care about.

To me, he's a Shark through and through, but is he great? Maybe someone who watched him in his prime could weigh in.

Regardless, it's been rewarding to pick up a few more JR in recent weeks. Thanks to titan501ca and IrbeFan4Life for two of these cards, and also everyone else who I've traded with and who've allowed me to pick a few more of these up.

Does anyone know if the Exclusives parallel is numbered on-card, or is there another way to distinguish it from the regular version? Both have a print run of 50 according to Beckett.
[Image: Roenickjsyauto.jpg]

Am I the only one who thinks stick cards are underrated?
[Image: RoenickUltimatestick.jpg]

I think adamslogik once listed this card design as one of his favorites and I can see why. They look great in person. Here's to hoping I can find a non-white swatch eventually.
[Image: Copy7ofimg098.jpg]

When I couldn't find a Roenick autograph to trade for I panicked and ended up buying this. I think if I'd shown more patience I would've appreciated a different copy of this card more, but I still like it.
[Image: Copyofimg112.jpg]

This was my first Roenick card and the eventual inspiration for my mini-PC. It's my favorite jersey card of any player.
[Image: RoenickITGjsy.jpg]

Ok I admit it, I had an agenda. I was really looking forward to showing this one off.
[Image: RoenickLLSelfAdjusted-1.jpg]

As for what's next, I'm hoping to find a jersey, patch, and autograph for each team Roenick played for. Anyone know off-hand if they ever made a hard-signed Roenick autograph in a Shark uni?

Thanks for the look!
Wow, great start to your Roenick collection!!! That Limited Logos is SICK!!! As far as him being a great player I would say yes. I would probably rank him in the top 5 US players of all-time(just my opinion but I think several people would agree). I have never seen or heard of a card that Roenick has signed picturing him with the Sharks but it still may happen, since that was the last team he played for. Congrats again on the cards, sweet collection.
The patch on that last card is awesome! Congrats on some sweet cards!
great cards

is the card serial number at all? that is how you tell the difference if I remember correctly
Roenick was an incredible player with highlight reel goals especially as a Blackhawk where he averaged more than a point per game.....I always liked his play .....not to mention some of the hits he laid on he was really something........nice cards thanks for sharing...
The Prospects exclusives autographs have the number on the front and they also have gold around the swatch instead of black. If my memory serves me right.
Nice cards man! I thought about starting a Roenick PC, because hes great, a real character, but ended up deciding on Owen Nolan, - not exactly a superstar, but he was captain of the team when i first got into hockey. True statement about the therefore lack of HOF'ers in the sharks organization, but Jumbo should be in there one day with any luck. And hey, if you dont think hes great enough to collect i'll surely take your Thornton's off your hands haha Smile I think J.R is one of the best to ever don the teal, and good luck finding that auto!

Steve.
(08-27-2011, 07:16 PM)pens1fan Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, great start to your Roenick collection!!! That Limited Logos is SICK!!! As far as him being a great player I would say yes. I would probably rank him in the top 5 US players of all-time(just my opinion but I think several people would agree). I have never seen or heard of a card that Roenick has signed picturing him with the Sharks but it still may happen, since that was the last team he played for. Congrats again on the cards, sweet collection.
I actually didn't think of that...even if a Sharks auto doesn't currently exist, I can always hope for one in the future. Or at least an auto that shares a card with a Sharks swatch. Thanks for answering pretty much every question I had!

(08-27-2011, 08:29 PM)bonnev659 Wrote: [ -> ]is the card serial number at all? that is how you tell the difference if I remember correctly
(08-28-2011, 06:31 AM)titan501ca Wrote: [ -> ]The Prospects exclusives autographs have the number on the front and they also have gold around the swatch instead of black. If my memory serves me right.
Ok, it's not numbered, so it's the regular version then...makes sense. It does seem strange to me to have a print run of 50 but without stamp or hand-numbering...but so it is. Appreciate the help guys (and for the card Rick).

(08-28-2011, 01:22 AM)ty4orce Wrote: [ -> ]Roenick was an incredible player with highlight reel goals especially as a Blackhawk where he averaged more than a point per game.....I always liked his play .....not to mention some of the hits he laid on he was really something........nice cards thanks for sharing...
I went back to look at some footage from his Chicago days and boy was he ever a showman. To whom amongst current players would you compare his playing style?

(08-28-2011, 07:44 AM)nemesis77777 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice cards man! I thought about starting a Roenick PC, because hes great, a real character, but ended up deciding on Owen Nolan, - not exactly a superstar, but he was captain of the team when i first got into hockey. True statement about the therefore lack of HOF'ers in the sharks organization, but Jumbo should be in there one day with any luck. And hey, if you dont think hes great enough to collect i'll surely take your Thornton's off your hands haha Smile I think J.R is one of the best to ever don the teal, and good luck finding that auto!

Steve.
I also thought about Nolan because he's Mr. Shark as far as I'm concerned but I decided to go with Roenick. It'd be a really nice gesture to invite the Brit to finish his career in SJ, since he still practices with the team during the offseason and he's always wanted to come back. I've got a few Nolans and Thorntons for you when we do finally get that trade together Steve.

Thanks for all the comments guys...I really do appreciate ya dropping by!
(08-27-2011, 06:13 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: [ -> ][URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXiWCnZKXvQ]
[B]Does anyone know if the Exclusives parallel is numbered on-card, or is there another way to distinguish it from the regular version? Both have a print run of 50 according to Beckett.

[Image: Roenickjsyauto.jpg]
Yes, the gold parallels to that have a gold background around the jersey piece and they are serial #'d to 50 on the front of the card.
Very nice collection! My dad was a fan of Roenick back in the 90s. I'll keep an eye out for his cards in 2011-12 for you. Spud
Pages: 1 2