Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: MAJOR Additions to my Olajuwon PC!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(07-13-2011, 03:53 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: [ -> ]I got a Hakeem card in the post today so thought I'd post it in this thread (sorry for the bad scan)...

[Image: Olajuwon.jpg]
Whoa! Beautiful Olajuwon! Guessing that's not for trade or sale huh? : P
That Hotel is on Meridian, right off 1-40, it's on the north side, easy to spot! I will have to make a note to stop by! So you will be going to that show?
I'm afraid it's going straight into my legendary players PC Smile It's taken me ages to get my hands on this card, I've been wanting it for ages.
(07-13-2011, 09:43 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid it's going straight into my legendary players PC Smile It's taken me ages to get my hands on this card, I've been wanting it for ages.
I know, it's a pretty card!!! I haven't picked up many of Olajuwon autos recently, I'd been focused on 90s parallels. But I'll keep an eye for that same out, it's a very nice looking set!
on the SPx card he dunks and blows his nose at the same time. Hakeem rocks.
The "DREAM" I would have to say this is the first collection I've seen of his! Should easy not too many people are after the great Hof'er. Thank you for sharing!!!
(07-14-2011, 07:24 AM)9ersncrabtree Wrote: [ -> ]The "DREAM" I would have to say this is the first collection I've seen of his! Should easy not too many people are after the great Hof'er. Thank you for sharing!!!
Grew up watching The Dream, my favorite player of all times! I plan on focusing more on my Olajuwon PC, haven't been buying as much of his, but plan on picking up a few more autos!
(07-14-2011, 02:42 AM)folkertino Wrote: [ -> ]on the SPx card he dunks and blows his nose at the same time. Hakeem rocks.
In my opinion, the last true center... Dwight plays like Shaq, just a massive person who pushes you around and dunks on you! Olajuwon was the old school finesse type... dream shake all day! Too bad Yao can't be on the court. When healthy, he followed in that logic, he was a finesse center.
(07-14-2011, 09:09 AM)htowntigger Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion, the last true center... Dwight plays like Shaq, just a massive person who pushes you around and dunks on you! Olajuwon was the old school finesse type... dream shake all day! Too bad Yao can't be on the court. When healthy, he followed in that logic, he was a finesse center.
I think him and Rik Smits were indeed some of the greater centers of their era. Smits very much underestimated and undervalued, probably because he didn't have a very appealing look, but he was an efficient role player, as was indeed Hakeem.
Pau Gasol shows much similarity nowadays. Apart from his finals appearance he's been very consistent and remarkably fast for his position.
Shaq plays like Darryl Dawkins, Dwight plays like Shaq but adds an incredible amount of athleticism to it. I don't like him, mostly because of his stupid Slam Dunk appearances, but his blocks and dunks rock me out of my chair - with every NBA daily Top 10 list.
I have a 1995-96 Olajuwon SP Championship Champions of the Court die cut if you're interested in it.
Pages: 1 2