Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Please tell me some worth while old school boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am going to this shop shortly, that have madd old school boxes. I mean 90's and 00's. I am looking for anything that can possibly pull some sickness, I would hate to pull a redemption but I may be worth the risk. I will be looking for some baseball and basketball boxes too. Please, I am begging for some suggestions. I have to beg because you will see a lot of action (views) but very few comments on this or any of my posts as always. Thank you and I have no problem picking up some boxes and mailing across the country if you are looking for something. I work for the government and I have been on these boards a LONG time. Just offering. Either way, throw me some suggestions. I will have internet at the shop, so I can check paypal, and make purchases. If you are looking for a particular box, he will more than likely have it.

(post has been edited 7-15-2011)
2000 Quantum Leaf is nasty... a top 3 favorite product of the decade IMO

EDIT: That would be football tho, never tried the other sports
After realizing that there are error cards worth 500 bucks in 1990 pro set, it might be worth to pick up a few if they are cheap enough?
(07-12-2011, 09:18 PM)kollectornet Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to this shop shortly, that have madd old school boxes. I mean 90's and 00's. I am looking for anything that can possibly pull some sickness, I would hate to pull a redemption but I may be worth the risk. I will be looking for some baseball and basketball boxes. Please, I am begging for some suggestions. I have to beg because you will see a lot of action (views) but very few comments on this or any of my posts as always. Thank you and I have no problem pickup up some boxes and mailing across the country. I work for the government and I have been on these boards a LONG time. Just offering. Either way, throw me some suggestions. I will have internet at the shop, so I can check paypal, and make purchases. If you are looking for a particular box, he will more than likely have it.

LMK if you could use this:
[Image: Douglas.jpg]

PM me if interested. As for boxes, I would first look for certain years only. These are the best years with good rookies from the past 15

Stay away from 2002, 2006 and 2007 at all costs from recent years. 2005 is limited to one great player, Aaron Rodgers. 2003 has a few good players, though Carson Palmer's problems have diminished the value and Romo is not in many products.

With that said, 99 SP Authentic is pretty cheap with a chance at big big hits and one on card auto per box. Any Leaf Certified Materials is a good bet bc of the quality patches. Stick with those 5 years for your best bet. Also, Heritage and Turkey Red are pretty good bc the rookies are SPs but not exclusive to autographs so theyre not impossible to get. But they also have an auto usually one in every two boxes so 05 Turkey or Heritage arent bad. 2001 has a great crop of HOF rookies so shoot for a box of Select or E-X, as they have one auto per box. I hope this helps, this is based on personal experience.
I don't know if you have any interest in hockey, but I would suggest 05-06 BeeHive Hockey. The shop near me sells it cheap enough to just not lose. It has Crosby and Ovechkin RCs and parallels, along with autos, jersey and jersey autos for both. Also autos of HOFers, with a chance for an auto'd 5x7 cabinet card (they're live in the boxes except for Rick Nash.) There are alot of worthwhile rookies beside the 2 big guys.

Stay away from 2006? Are you kidding me?

DeAngelo Williams, A.J. Hawk, Greg Jennings, Jay Cutler, Mathias Kiwanuka, DeMeco Ryans, Haloti Ngata, Marcedes Lewis

I am sure I am forgetting some good ones. There are a lot of other '06 RC's who are still in the NFL and are actually starters.
(07-14-2011, 01:45 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]Stay away from 2006? Are you kidding me?

DeAngelo Williams, A.J. Hawk, Greg Jennings, Jay Cutler, Mathias Kiwanuka, DeMeco Ryans, Haloti Ngata, Marcedes Lewis

I am sure I am forgetting some good ones. There are a lot of other '06 RC's who are still in the NFL and are actually starters.
I hope you're being sarcastic because even though I like a few of those guys most of their stuff goes cheap as heck if you're trying to get any "value" back.

***Also I'd go with '01, and then give me all the Brees & L.T. RC's***
(07-14-2011, 01:53 AM)ejnfl24 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you're being sarcastic because even though I like a few of those guys most of their stuff goes cheap as heck if you're trying to get any "value" back.

***Also I'd go with '01, and then give me all the Brees & L.T. RC's***
If someone is JUST trying to make money off the boxes then '01 and '08 are all you need to look at, unless you fully expect to pull an AP from an '07 box.
Actually none of this really matters anyway. The OP says he's looking for baseball and basketball. I don't know why this is on the football board. He is actually just wanting know if someone is LOOKING for an odd box of cards, so he can get it for them.
(07-14-2011, 02:10 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]If someone is JUST trying to make money off the boxes then '01 and '08 are all you need to look at, unless you fully expect to pull an AP from an '07 box.
Actually none of this really matters anyway. The OP says he's looking for baseball and basketball. I don't know why this is on the football board. He is actually just wanting know if someone is LOOKING for an odd box of cards, so he can get it for them.
True enough. It's not about only trying to make money back though. But it's nice to be able to recoup some of your spendings occasionally. Tongue
(07-14-2011, 02:12 AM)ejnfl24 Wrote: [ -> ]True enough. It's not about only trying to make money back though. But it's nice to be able to recoup some of your spendings occasionally. Tongue
I don't try to recoup any money when I buy boxes. I don't sell cards that I pull, only keep or trade them. I am happy with a purchase if I get some PC stuff and can trade some of the others for more PC cards. That's just the way I collect though. I hope I'm not sounding like an a$$ here, it's late (Eastern time) and I need to go to bed now. Personally, when I look for NFL boxes, I look at '08 and '06 before anything else.
Pages: 1 2