Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: ***AVOID EBAYER: aznboy2k2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
***AVOID EBAYER: aznboy2k2

I made an offer on a basketball card. Seller countered my offer in a messaging telling me to pay $1 more than my offer directly to his paypal email (NOT through ebay). I said I wanted the ebay buyer protection and he became all rude and said he was going to let my offer lingered that I made through ebay. I threatened to report him for breaking ebay policy and he said he was going to hack my computer. I doubt he even knows how, but block this seller. I did report him to ebay.

He sells lots of basketball cards on ebay. That is why I posted this thread to caution you.

I think it's best to stick to the sellers you know on ebay (bought from in the past or sellers with 99.7+% with at least 5000 positives. Plus read the negatives they received some of them aren't really negative (e.g. seller doesn't ship to Hawaii etc.).

The seller has 100 percent feedback with well over 850+ feedback.
I think its quite unfair for you to put this seller on blast like this.

It is actually quite a common act to sell off ebay in order for both the seller and buyer to save money.

It seems like you are overreacting.
Hey aznboy2k2. I guess you came to defend yourself. You joined just now and made 2 posts within the last few minutes. Nice try. Keep being a horribly ebay seller bro.

(07-07-2011, 05:38 AM)q1w2e3r4 Wrote: [ -> ]The seller has 100 percent feedback with well over 850+ feedback.
I think its quite unfair for you to put this seller on blast like this.

It is actually quite a common act to sell off ebay in order for both the seller and buyer to save money.

It seems like you are overreacting.
I have made plently of deals off of ebay to save money. He could of probably been nicer saying I can give it to you for that price but only using paypal. That will work as well since your also protected by paypal.
paypal doesn't protect purchases you make when you just sent the funds to some randoms email. if you use a credit card you are always protected.

plus this guy threatened me. I know the threat isn't real, but it's against the law and unkool.

(07-07-2011, 06:00 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: [ -> ]I have made plently of deals off of ebay to save money. He could of probably been nicer saying I can give it to you for that price but only using paypal. That will work as well since your also protected by paypal.
I've made unbelievable deals off of eBay. It's not a good idea to threaten someone, but if his feedback is high then he might know what he's doing. You're not wrong for filing a complaint, because you have that right. It could've been just a misunderstanding that got out of control.
(07-07-2011, 06:04 AM)evanturner12 Wrote: [ -> ]paypal doesn't protect purchases you make when you just sent the funds to some randoms email. if you use a credit card you are always protected.
This is NOT true at all!!! PayPal DOES protect you if you send funds to someones e-mail!!!! As long as you send the payment as "goods" then you are FULLY protected just as if it was an eBay purchase!!!! I dont know why but for some reason many people seem to think this!!! But trust me just read their policy and its clear as day!!!

(07-07-2011, 09:46 AM)klarson03 Wrote: [ -> ]This is NOT true at all!!! PayPal DOES protect you if you send funds to someones e-mail!!!! As long as you send the payment as "goods" then you are FULLY protected just as if it was an eBay purchase!!!! I dont know why but for some reason many people seem to think this!!! But trust me just read their policy and its clear as day!!!
^^ This is correct. The only time you are not protected is if you send the money as a GIFT. Sending $$ for cards as gifts for that reason is obviously not recommended unless you have 100% confidence in the other person.

I'm going to lock this up - this is the Beckett discussion board, not the Ebay discussion board.