Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: HRX or Gold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which cards (HRX Video Cards or Solid 14k Gold Cards) do you think will do better?

Which set is better (Totally Certified or Gold Standard)?

These are very broad questions because I'm not looking for a specific answer. So, voice your opinion.
In my opinion I would say the Gold Card... I guess because it's a bit more standard, the video cards don't fall under "trading" cards in my opinion.
(07-06-2011, 02:27 PM)htowntigger Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion I would say the Gold Card... I guess because it's a bit more standard, the video cards don't fall under "trading" cards in my opinion.
+100
1) Gold

2) Gold Standard is clearly the better product. Totally Certified looks really nice but the serial number on stuff is pretty high (e.g. /499)

(07-06-2011, 02:19 PM)tmakact7 Wrote: [ -> ]Which cards (HRX Video Cards or Solid 14k Gold Cards) do you think will do better?

Which set is better (Totally Certified or Gold Standard)?

These are very broad questions because I'm not looking for a specific answer. So, voice your opinion.
I like the look of some of the foil Totally Certified cards. However, it's the same old high serial numbered jersey junk that Panini always put out, not to mention it's a weak draft class. It's really no different to many of the other Panini products this year.

On the other hand, Gold Standard might be something special. Again, it's held back by the relatively weak draft class, but I think it'll be a lot more 'high end' than Totally Certified and, therefore, more collectable.

Personally, I'd avoid both like the plague and save my money for National Treasures. Or just buy singles.
(07-06-2011, 03:00 PM)will23c1982 Wrote: [ -> ]I like the look of some of the foil Totally Certified cards. However, it's the same old high serial numbered jersey junk that Panini always put out, not to mention it's a weak draft class. It's really no different to many of the other Panini products this year.

On the other hand, Gold Standard might be something special. Again, it's held back by the relatively weak draft class, but I think it'll be a lot more 'high end' than Totally Certified and, therefore, more collectable.

Personally, I'd avoid both like the plague and save my money for National Treasures. Or just buy singles.
+1 but gun to my head....Gold. I think that the totally certified is gonna be crap, but people will buy it for the chance (slim Chance) of getting a video card. Even though everyone was hating on it.
hrx any day..
The video cards seem like more of a novelty item then anything.. Kinda cool but then again at the same time we all have phones / computers etc.. Rather youtube a highlight film then watch a couple clips on a card.. Gold on the other hand in any form will forever remain valuable. Worst case scenario, the old lady keeps bugging you about your collecting/spending habits you can melt your card down and make some jewelery for her lol.
Still, if there's a Pistons one, I'll want one. Smile
i think the gold is going to be a better overall product.