Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Your personal CollectionS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Its called " Cardboard ADDICTION"
fair enough.. if it was worth only the wight of cardboard its printed on then we would have issues. But since there is legitimacy to the collection of cardboard stained with ink.. were safe lol
I cant focus on one thing, or even a few things, if its sports I will collect it. I have my teams/players I follow more hten others of course, but its all fair game to end up in my collection.
IVE TRIED TO FOCUS ON A FEW TEAMS AND INDIVIDUALS. IM A BIG TIME CHICAGO BEARS FAN SO FOR AWHILE I SNATCHED UP ALL THE BEARS I COULD GET. AFTER AWHILE I WASNT REALLY SATISFIED WITH THEM AND I TRADED THEM AWAY. THEN I STARTED COLLECTING BIG TIME HOFERS BECAUSE THEY'RE POPULAR AND USUALLY EXPENSIVE. THAT FADED ASWELL....BUT SOME HOW I HAVE NEVER TRADED ANY OF MY KOBES, SO KOBE IS WHO I AM IN LOVE WITH AND I FOCUS ON HIM
people think they need to have the biggest and best collection of one specific area of interest (team, player) I collect my favorite team and then other cards of players I enjoy, like the big rookie cards of some of the better players and have a well rounded collection instead of a closet full of Juwan Howard cards because I want to be known as the Juwan "supercollector"
There are just so many players coming into the game now who are so explosive and skilled that its hard to not give them your "nod" of approval. So many, I hate the clippers but the damn things that Blake Griffin do makes it impossible to not be interested in his game. Eric Gordon for that matter as well... then you head to Sacramento you have tyreke just about every bit as impressive. And then watching players come up through college and getting into the draft craze... cant stick with just my knicks!
I'm in the process of re-defining who and what I collect.

I've built up a collection of auto and game used cards of Bill Simmons' top 96 players of all-time. However, in doing so, I have overspent and, therefore, need to make some sales. The only way I can do this is by breaking up my PC.

Therefore, I am going to follow the 'quality not quantity' mantra and collect high-end cards of my favourite players... concentrating on the NBA's truly elite players. I am extremely fussy about card design and symmetry. For example, if I have a beautiful card of Bill Russell, then I'd like the same card of Wilt Chamberlain.

I'm currently going through my card collection trying to decide what to keep and what to sell. It's extremely difficult, but I'm trying to be ruthless.
We all need to thin out the collection every once in a while. I have done it probably 6 times in the past 10 years and it is great because the cream just rises to the top and the collection looks better and better every time.

There are a few cards I miss, but then I see the cards that I got for them in return and I get over it after that.
I have never thinned my collection.. Its to exciting to try, i have so many cards that when you go through them it feels like your acquiring new stuff all over again. I sort through my cards by player so if there are people i truly dont like then I can cut them out. But my basketball for the most part is a no part ways place. im moving all my baseball right now!
I've thinned it quite a few times. Right now I'm going through some cards I used to have (scans) and trying to upload the pictures to the system for stock photos (when they get around to approving them) and remember when I used to have quite a few GU/AU of players I didn't care for. I kept them just because I didn't think I'd ever be able to get the Pistons I wanted. Well, now I have over 200 Pistons GU, so I did not mind thinning out my collection. I also dropped recently from collecting 50+ sets to now only collecting about 35 sets. Some of them aren't visually appealing, some are for nostalgic purposes, and that's ok with me. Smile Now I'm just trying to get rid of as much old cards I don't need or want so I can have newer stuff for trade.
Pages: 1 2 3