Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: At what point do you start to worry?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(06-28-2011, 05:49 AM)eazy e Wrote: [ -> ]Yea he has been posting some trade threads yesterday. Im gonna see if one of the mods can get it solved before I put the guy on blast.
Good idea. Floydtown I've seen has ALWAYS been helpful and right on top of the game where this is concerned. I normally worry about a trade when 3 things happen:

1. Other trader doesn't update his/her end on trade page
2. Other trader doesn't answer PMs
3. 3 weeks has passed since trade was accepted

Sounds like 2 of those have already taken place in this situation. Good luck eazy!!
It's only been what a whole 12 days. I say give the guy a chance before starting another negative thread.
Contacted Floydtown and he sent the guy a PM. Magically i received a PM from the trader this morning. Got the usual story about unexpected bills and being busy and was told he would ship tomorrow morning. Hopefully he will. Shout out to Floydtown for being so helpful, Thanks!

Considering I shipped my cards in less than 12hrs..12 days is a lot. But it was the not returning of PM's that scared me.Its not like I called the guy out with his username so no harm done.

(06-28-2011, 08:07 AM)boldincollector Wrote: [ -> ]It's only been what a whole 12 days. I say give the guy a chance before starting another negative thread.
12 days with no notification as to why, or anything else is plain disrespectful. I don't care if it is a $1 card or a $100 card, there is no difference. Chalk it up as experience, but believe me, this is NOT the norm around here. Most of us ship within a day or so of the trade, and if we don't or can't, then we at least notify the person!

The mods are great-I've never had to use one, but I see where they help out all of the time. I sure wouldn't want anyone to not trade because of this kind of potential problem...
Good news!! That's the better route to go before saying "do not trade with this person". Fingers crossed you get them soon.

Regardless of the value, we all look forward to maildays. It's part of the fun of trading. I think it's wiser to trade low end stuff until you really get to know the person you're trading with.

Let us know when they finally arrive in the mail!!
(06-28-2011, 10:15 AM)estuaryman Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's wiser to trade low end stuff until you really get to know the person you're trading with.
I agree! Not everyone is as easy to trade with as I am! But, don't be discouraged either because sometimes people don't want to trade the lower end stuff.
(06-28-2011, 10:18 AM)koolkellygirl Wrote: [ -> ]I agree! Not everyone is as easy to trade with as I am! But, don't be discouraged either because sometimes people don't want to trade the lower end stuff.
Ha!! No one can say you're a bad trader. I've already traded with gangstippie and Floydtown. You can tell who the really solid, reliable traders are.
Bills lol why the heck didn't he think of that before trading people are ridiculous sometimes.
LOL! I was thinking to myself OK so you got a big bill that was unexpected. How does that prevent you from shipping your cards or for that matter RETURNING A PM?. Shipping cost what 2 bucks tops, if your actually down to zero dollars maybe you shouldn't be buying/trading little pieces of cardboard.

(06-28-2011, 10:30 AM)deuce6000 Wrote: [ -> ]Bills lol why the heck didn't he think of that before trading people are ridiculous sometimes.

I hope we can trade sometime, I can see you have a very good reputation here. Miss Popular! lol

(06-28-2011, 10:07 AM)koolkellygirl Wrote: [ -> ]12 days with no notification as to why, or anything else is plain disrespectful. I don't care if it is a $1 card or a $100 card, there is no difference. Chalk it up as experience, but believe me, this is NOT the norm around here. Most of us ship within a day or so of the trade, and if we don't or can't, then we at least notify the person!

The mods are great-I've never had to use one, but I see where they help out all of the time. I sure wouldn't want anyone to not trade because of this kind of potential problem...
ok, so he has been logged on every day, didn't acknowledge any pm's, and in fact did not even send his end out, and is now using an excuse that something unexpected came up.

Sorry, but this is not the type of Traders that we want around here, and hopefully Floydtown will do the right thing and ban him, as Floydtown has seen this kind of scam many,many,many times in the past, they build up their trader feedback then they try pulling this kind of BS they do it once, then they try it again, and again, and again.

How many times in the past 2 years have we seen so called " good" traders, with relatively high feedback, start this kind of stuff
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6