Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: LONG-awaited disappointing old school break :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So at the card shows this weekend I was hoping to find a nicer old school box to break. Lo and behold I found a box of 1996 SPx. SO cheap, compared to eBay prices. Paid $40 and also traded one of my extra Kobe rookies.

The box was so disappointing, however, I'm not even going to bother with scans. Best card was the base Shaq.

They clearly did these boxes in order, I got every card from # 16 to #48 except two, and the five gold parallels were sequential as well.

I would've been happy with just a base Jordan even, but no such luck.

One last thing, the guy did have two boxes of 93-94 finest. I can't remember who's looking for those refractors but I have the guy's business card if you wanna give him a call.

here are the "hits".

Base: Shaq, Garnett, Michael Finley, Magic Johnson

Gold- Payton, Kemp, Malone, Stockton, Stoudamire

Holoview Heroes- Antonio McDyess

Incidentally I am not at all shocked the Holoview Hero was a McDyess. I have pulled so many sweet inserts of him in/near his rookie year. If they were all Garnetts instead of McDyess I'd be sitting on a gold mine!

Oh well, all are for trade on the off-chance anybody's interested haha.
Lmk if the payton and kemp are available
(06-27-2011, 04:49 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: [ -> ]Lmk if the payton and kemp are available

Yes they are! Pulled the base versions of both too, just fyi if you're interested.
that is a sweet oldschool break, i wish you had better luck. i cant remember, were there 1 card a pack? i remember the packs were like $12 a piece, it seemed so expensive back then.
(06-27-2011, 06:29 PM)pingbling23 Wrote: [ -> ]that is a sweet oldschool break, i wish you had better luck. i cant remember, were there 1 card a pack? i remember the packs were like $12 a piece, it seemed so expensive back then.
Yeah it was one card per pack. I never bought one when i was a kid. No way I could afford that. I remember them being like $8, but I lived in a REALLY small town so I'm sure in a big city they could've gone for $12 easy.

I still remember my first $5 pack...1994-95 Skybox Emotion. I think like the 3rd pack of them I ever bought I pulled the Jordan N-tense. Still one of my favorite pulls to this day.
Those are some nice cards. I remember also when they were released and too expensive to purchase. Better luck next time pulling a Jordan.
Memories......