Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Jeff carter traded to Columbus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bet that wrecks a few PCs, but makes room for signing bryzgalov maybe?

TSN insiders are reporting Jeff Carter goes to CBJ in return for Jakub Voracek (not a bad return), 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick.

Start working on Voracek PCs, philly fans
I will be more happy about this if they can get Voracek but he's the same type of player as Leino and to some extent Giroux. Carter's work ethic has been in question but he's scored 46, 33, 36 goals the last three years. That is a lot to lose. Hopefully JVR will have a breakout year and we will get a good prospect at 8th overall.
OUCH, I don't like the sound of that. And you think, I was just about to post my Carter PC. At least it was not Richards as I had herd many roomers. Now Jeff will get to play with another 2 of my favorite players in Rich Nash and Steve Mason. My PC will continue.

Chris
(06-23-2011, 02:57 PM)dark crawler88 Wrote: [ -> ]OUCH, I don't like the sound of that. And you think, I was just about to post my Carter PC. At least it was not Richards as I had herd many roomers. Now Jeff will get to play with another 2 of my favorite players in Rich Nash and Steve Mason. My PC will continue.

Chris

Sorry to burst your bubble then, but TSN insiders are also saying:

"Mike Richards to LA for a package including Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds? Hearing from good sources that it could happen"

and

"Unconfirmed reports that Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds would be PHI bound. But not done yet. Could happen. Stay tuned."

EDIT: They're saying it's a done deal now with LAK adding a 2nd round pick to the package. Wow, Philly will be rather different next year...
(06-23-2011, 03:07 PM)cheatinc Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to burst your bubble then, but TSN insiders are also saying:

"Mike Richards to LA for a package including Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds? Hearing from good sources that it could happen"

and

"Unconfirmed reports that Brayden Schenn and Wayne Simmonds would be PHI bound. But not done yet. Could happen. Stay tuned."
If that is the case who will Philly have left. Giroux and.............

The money that I have herd that is in the Brzgalov contract is way to much even if you are the best goalie in the league. The max a goalie should make is 5 mil and thats a stretch. These salaries are way to high and will always be way to high.

Thanks for the heads up. If this deal happens we will get at least one good player in Schenn, I see a lot of upside to this guy.

Chris
Actually, i've been watching a lot of LA games last season and was rather impressed with Wayne Simmonds too. Therefore Philly is getting three good prospects and 3 draft picks, one of which is a first rounder and two second rounders, for 2 established stars. Sounds like a good day of trading for Holmgren in my opinion.

But apparently, not everybody shares my opinion as shown by this screengrab of Paul Holmgren's wikipedia page:

[Image: holmgrenwikidefacement.jpg]

[Image: BeaucheminFacepalm.jpg]
I think Holmgren got a decent return for Richards, but the jury is still out on Carter (it depends who they pick at the draft)