Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2010-11 NHL Awards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are your thoughts on the 2010-11 NHL Awards? I thought Corey Perry winning the Hart was a bit of a surprise, (I think Perry was caught off guard too as his acceptance speech lasted about 4 seconds!) It was expected that Thomas would win the Vezina, Skinner would get the Calder & Lidstrom would nail down the Norris.

On the downside, the presenters were crap. The "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" announcing "Martin SAINT LOUIS" as the Lady Byng winner was embarrassing & Jay Mohr's jokes were pretty bad, (he also got a little personal with that crack about the Islanders, which prompted Mike Bossy to call him a ***k on his Twitter account!) Plus the musical acts they booked were atrocious & had little to do with the hockey fanbase.
i didnt watch but i thought my preds would walk away with at least 1 award so i was disappointed. musical acts during sporting events usually do suck (EVERY super bowl halftime show EVER) but dierks bentley is actually a huge predators fan and has done alot with the team.
Very happy Lappy won the Masterton. Also thought Perry was the right choice for the Hart. If Crosby was healthy all year he would have won the Ted Lindsay, Rocket Richard, Hart, etc.
I have to admit I had a bit of a chuckle at Skinner's accceptance speech (Ummm.... Ummm.... Ummm... Ummm... LOL) Bobby Ryan's medal challenge part 2 and Jay Mohr bombing. But can also agree that Far East movement and housewives of beverly hills was disappointing. Gave this award show a C+ grade this year