Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: all star voting updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
new results have come out. some things seem to have been sorted out but some still seem questionable. i think in the nl it should be mccann, fielder, weeks, reyes, polanco, braun, berkman, kemp and in the al it should be avila, gonzalez, cano, cabrera, arod, bautista, granderson, ellsbury. what are your thoughts?
That's weird. We have the exact same All-Star team. Do you use the same formula I do?
no were just honest....unlike a lot of stupid people
All of those guys I think have legitimate arguments except Polanco. A .717 OPS isn't my definition of "All-Star"
but who bustin 5? everyone at third base has been awful
David Wright and Chipper Jones both have better OPS than Polanco; he may have the higher average but he has no pop. Also Miguel Cairo has been tremendous for the Reds this year even though he isn't the official starter
uh david wright is hurt and chipper..well chippers chipper...old and cant move
He still has had a better season thus far than Polanco IMO. A lot of people like players with high average, I prefer the hitters with power, a nice average is nice though, but players who ONLY hit for average (like Ichiro) usually have OPS in the .700s or .800s
power isnt everything...is reyes not a top 5 hitter in the league right now because he only has 3 homers? i mean hes hitting .335. so power is important but if yiou are not a power hitter then i dont think you should be penalized
(06-23-2011, 09:31 AM)gherkin1496 Wrote: [ -> ]power isnt everything...is reyes not a top 5 hitter in the league right now because he only has 3 homers? i mean hes hitting .335. so power is important but if yiou are not a power hitter then i dont think you should be penalized
No, Reyes definitely deserves it. He has 13 triples, which boosts his OPS and SLG a lot
Pages: 1 2