Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: NBA Draft-What do you think? NOW 2 QUESTIONS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I am sure many of you NBA fans, like me, have been hearing speculation on who is going where.

It has been reported a little while ago that the Cavs are going to take Irving at the #1 spot.

What do you fellow fans think of this?

I personally think them passing on Derrick Williams is a bad decision. For one Irving is not really game tested, only 11 games in college, and I think they could get a better pair of top picks if they go with Williams at 1 and then can get a PG or SG at #4.

Just an opinion based question. What do you think?
so your saying williams at 1.. kyrie at 2 kanter at 3 and knight at 4?
Pretty much, I think they would be better off to Williams at 1 and then they can get Knight or afew other players a 4 that would help their team much better.

If they pass on Williams or Irving either one will not be there at 4, no matter who gets the pick. I don't know about taking him at 4 but Kemba Walker would be a better chance to take in my opinion. There are drawbacks to his game but there could also be a huge upside that would help the Cavs now. Like I said, I don't know about him at 4 but IMO Walker and Williams would make them much better now
Me personally, I'd like to see the Pistons trade their draft picks to get a quality big man. To me, there isn't anyone in this draft I think (big man wise) that can come in and help immediately like Greg Monroe did, and that's where we need the help. However, I wouldn't mind them trading up and getting Williams to replace Stuckey. Smile As an example:

Cavs select Williams #1. Then trade him (not even sure if it's possible to trade #1 picks) to the Pistons for Charlie Villanueva, Chris Wilcox, Rodney Stuckey and our #8 pick (so they can get Walker cause I have a feeling he'll be there, or Jimmer Fredette). I'm tired of Villanueva's attitude, Stuckey doesn't seem to have a high ceiling anymore, and Wilcox doesn't have any room to play with Daye, Jerebko when he comes back, or Monroe. I'd then like to see the Pistons trade Richard Hamilton and Tracy McGrady to Utah so that we can have Mehmet Okur back (if only that were possible). Smile I just think this draft isn't going to help the Pistons at all. But then again, I said the same thing about the 2009-10 draft, and we ended up getting three great guys from it (even though Summers will be gone I'm thinking to Europe along with Terrico White). Can we trade Picks for coaches? Smile
(06-20-2011, 03:21 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: [ -> ]Me personally, I'd like to see the Pistons trade their draft picks to get a quality big man. To me, there isn't anyone in this draft I think (big man wise) that can come in and help immediately like Greg Monroe did, and that's where we need the help. However, I wouldn't mind them trading up and getting Williams to replace Stuckey. Smile As an example:

Cavs select Williams #1. Then trade him (not even sure if it's possible to trade #1 picks) to the Pistons for Charlie Villanueva, Chris Wilcox, Rodney Stuckey and our #8 pick (so they can get Walker cause I have a feeling he'll be there, or Jimmer Fredette). I'm tired of Villanueva's attitude, Stuckey doesn't seem to have a high ceiling anymore, and Wilcox doesn't have any room to play with Daye, Jerebko when he comes back, or Monroe. I'd then like to see the Pistons trade Richard Hamilton and Tracy McGrady to Utah so that we can have Mehmet Okur back (if only that were possible). Smile I just think this draft isn't going to help the Pistons at all. But then again, I said the same thing about the 2009-10 draft, and we ended up getting three great guys from it (even though Summers will be gone I'm thinking to Europe along with Terrico White). Can we trade Picks for coaches? Smile

Lol, sounds like you been dreaming of that for a while, lol. Fredette is predicted to go closer to 20 than 10 so he would be there probably and Kemba is sitting at about 8, which is your spot.

Big men are real iffy in the draft, more don't work out than do.

I have herd that the Pistons badly want to get rid of Rip and his big contract. Maybe they can trade him and #8 to the Jazz for #3 so they can pick up Kanter. That might work out in their favor

Quote:Just seen this. The Lakers are talking about trading Gasol to the Timberwolves for K. Love.

Does this strike anyone as odd? This kinda tells me that they know Dwight Howard is NOT coming to LA. What do you think?

Also, this sounds like a fools trade to me. What do you think of it?
I can't see dealing Love when he is blooming for Gasol when he is slumping. Do you think I am way off or does this sound about right to you too?
1) irving, they need a PG!
2)Williams (t-wolves trade bait or even keep and trade beasly)
3)Walker, they need a PG, Harris won't cut it!
4)Kanter- upside for the cavs and they will need a good big man to build a proper frontcourt.

The Love for Gasol is possible. The wolves need a true center and Gasol could be that. Love is better at the 4. Having that 2nd pick would come in handy to fill the 4 spot if that trade is made.
(06-20-2011, 04:00 PM)lgb cards Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, sounds like you been dreaming of that for a while, lol. Fredette is predicted to go closer to 20 than 10 so he would be there probably and Kemba is sitting at about 8, which is your spot.

Big men are real iffy in the draft, more don't work out than do.

I have herd that the Pistons badly want to get rid of Rip and his big contract. Maybe they can trade him and #8 to the Jazz for #3 so they can pick up Kanter. That might work out in their favor
Dwight has stated already that he wants to stay in Orlando, just wants a better supporting cast. (sound familiar?) lol.

As for me, I love rip, respect him, glad he gave us the years he did, but I would rather have Gordon (if he gets back into his Chicago shape, I hate when injuries destroy a career - see Grant Hill/Tracy McGrady). I wish him well on his journeys, but I don't think he should be a Piston no more. As for me dreaming about the trade, I never wanted to get rid of Okur. If you ask me, I'd rather have had him than Sheed. Fewer fouls, I think he's better at the free throw line (think, could really be wrong) and he has a better attitude. But you can't argue how Sheed fired everyone up. Also, I want Stuckey gone because he has no consistancy if you ask me. I read something on the Pistons site today about how the few games after Kuester benched him the times he did, he had great averages. However, if you take the games after the ones they highlighted, he was quite quiet. I would like to take the chance on a rookie PG.
(06-20-2011, 04:51 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: [ -> ]Dwight has stated already that he wants to stay in Orlando, just wants a better supporting cast. (sound familiar?) lol.

As for me, I love rip, respect him, glad he gave us the years he did, but I would rather have Gordon (if he gets back into his Chicago shape, I hate when injuries destroy a career - see Grant Hill/Tracy McGrady). I wish him well on his journeys, but I don't think he should be a Piston no more. As for me dreaming about the trade, I never wanted to get rid of Okur. If you ask me, I'd rather have had him than Sheed. Fewer fouls, I think he's better at the free throw line (think, could really be wrong) and he has a better attitude. But you can't argue how Sheed fired everyone up. Also, I want Stuckey gone because he has no consistancy if you ask me. I read something on the Pistons site today about how the few games after Kuester benched him the times he did, he had great averages. However, if you take the games after the ones they highlighted, he was quite quiet. I would like to take the chance on a rookie PG.
Many of the Mock Drafts I have read has pistons taking Alec Burks from Colorado I seen him stepping in immediately and helping
(06-21-2011, 05:00 AM)dorkypunkrockerguy Wrote: [ -> ]Many of the Mock Drafts I have read has pistons taking Alec Burks from Colorado I seen him stepping in immediately and helping
I'm not a big Mock Draft guy, especially when the draft is as weak as it is this year, but I've never heard of that guy. I thought most mock drafts had Thompson and the Morris brothers going higher than him (since I've never heard of him).
(06-20-2011, 04:49 PM)got watcha want Wrote: [ -> ]1) irving, they need a PG!
2)Williams (t-wolves trade bait or even keep and trade beasly)
3)Walker, they need a PG, Harris won't cut it!
4)Kanter- upside for the cavs and they will need a good big man to build a proper frontcourt.

The Love for Gasol is possible. The wolves need a true center and Gasol could be that. Love is better at the 4. Having that 2nd pick would come in handy to fill the 4 spot if that trade is made.
I forgot about Knight, replace walker with knight on that list, he is a better PG. Don't know what I was thinking.
Pages: 1 2