Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Need help authenticating this Kobe Buyback Auto...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UPDATE: The Card was a fake... I returned it to the seller.
(08-25-2011, 06:54 PM)imac7065 Wrote: [ -> ]UPDATE: The Card was a fake... I returned it to the seller.
Wow. would love to hear how you came to that conclusion. I would have assumed it was legit.
what was the seller's name? so we can stay away from him...
(08-25-2011, 07:07 PM)quavis Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. would love to hear how you came to that conclusion. I would have assumed it was legit.
I never post on here usually so I will update this again...

I called upper deck and tried to have them look up the serial number on the sticker. They confirmed for me the sticker was a fake and they had no record of that card having a buyback. It was a 2001-02 UD E-Volve "buyback" auto
let us know when you get your money back... also, who was the "seller" ??? the auction link has been removed... can't view it. recommend researching cards before buying them.. I almost got caught up with a Shawn Kemp auto.. & a Kobe auto.. guy said the kobe auto was issued in packs, while the Kemp was a buyback, but it was supposed to be the other way around.. somehow the kemp got the skybox stamp on the card. but the guy couldn't explain where he got the card from & changed his story a few times. had a friend email him with the same questions as me.. he gave two different answers.