Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: 2010-11 Prestige Blaster HIT!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
bought me a blaster for 2010-11 Prestige this morning pulled a bunch of rookies and base and legends and those are FT just check ORG.
My hit out off the pack is also FT

HIT:
2010-11 Prestige Playmakers Materials Lebron James #'ed 34/50
Not bad congrats
(06-09-2011, 06:57 AM)dorkypunkrockerguy Wrote: [ -> ]bought me a blaster for 2010-11 Prestige this morning pulled a bunch of rookies and base and legends and those are FT just check ORG.
My hit out off the pack is also FT

HIT:
2010-11 Prestige Playmakers Materials Lebron James #'ed 34/50
You can check me for the lebron
(06-09-2011, 02:15 PM)klarson03 Wrote: [ -> ]You can check me for the lebron
What's a blaster?
(06-10-2011, 08:02 AM)gjpoll1 Wrote: [ -> ]What's a blaster?
Cheap retail box from places like Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart and other stores. You can buy them online, but they are mostly at retail stores from my experience.
(06-10-2011, 11:34 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: [ -> ]Cheap retail box from places like Wal-Mart, Target, K-Mart and other stores. You can buy them online, but they are mostly at retail stores from my experience.
So how are the different from other boxes or packs? Are they better or worse? Thanks; Gary.
(06-10-2011, 12:22 PM)gjpoll1 Wrote: [ -> ]So how are the different from other boxes or packs? Are they better or worse? Thanks; Gary.
Its tough to say if they are better or worse because they are cheaper. They are usually 8-16 packs, where a regular hobby box of the same thing will have 18-24 usually. Also in the blaster boxes, the hits that you can pull such as autos and game jerseys are usually not even close to as good as those from hobby boxes, that is why they are cheaper! If you don;t have much money and don;t care about getting autos then blasters are a good deal. But if you want GREAT hits and have the money, hobby is the best thing you can buy!
Yeah, what klarson03 said. See like for me, I want the 2010-11 Absolute base set minus the RC AU/JSY. However, to buy a hobby box of Absolute for $125+ and not get the whole base set, I could get rack packs for $6 each, get the rack pack inserts for trade as well as double base, and get it for a lot cheaper. I have bought about 10 packs, so $60 and have probably 66% of the base set (1-100) with plenty of doubles for trade and about 8 inserts. Mind you, I don't think you can pull any parallels from these packs, so some people consider it a waste. Some of the base cards though are worth $10 alone, and I've gotten two inserts worth $15 each, so it can be worth it.
I like inserts sometimes more then autos or mem anyway. Some can be really great in design. Usually no lack of inserts in a blaster box and usually is going to be what your looking for because mem and au are not guaranteed in most.
There are occasional blaster boxes though that do guarantee a hit, usually GU. 2009-10 Upper Deck blasters are one that come to mind. I've bought several of these. I usually get 2-3 MJ Legacy inserts as well as the GU piece, a couple of which (Larry Bird/Ray Allen and David Robinson/Hakeem Olajuwon) were quite nice trade bait.

Since they're last year's cards they're usually 40% or more off now too, so it's a decent bargain!
Pages: 1 2