Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Did Chris Olds raise the price of Nick Swisher cards?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(06-09-2011, 04:18 PM)johnxgodfree Wrote: [ -> ]man I finally saw pictures of that collection the other night.....phew!

my jaw nearly hit the floor..impressed me enough to bookmark and get the wife to drool over it also haha
lmao.... Perhaps I will enter that contest if my collection is good enough.

really think I have a chance? I know he is an All-Star, but I don't know if his name is well known enough.

Thanks for the props though!
(06-09-2011, 03:33 PM)bustin 5 knots Wrote: [ -> ]I bet that Martín Prado supercollector raises the cost of his cards a lot more than Olds raises Swisher's. Same goes for the other supercollectors
I think people would be shock at what I paid for the cards vs what they are worth now.

I was purchasing lots of 10 of his 2006 Bowman Sterling Au/Gu RC for about $20.00. Now they go for about $20.00 a piece.

Heck some of his cards I cant afford now. Wink

Thanks for the publicity though!
(06-09-2011, 04:45 PM)chrisolds Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, because Chris Olds doesn't price cards.

However, Chris Olds might influence the market by overpaying on said Nick Swisher cards because Chris Olds is the only one crazy enough to heavily collect a guy hitting .220!!

That's funny, cause Chris Olds put Starlin Castro on the back cover of the July issue of Beckett Baseball!!
Chris Olds talking in third person?! lol, loving it!

"He is the most INTERESTING collector in the WORLD! I dont always collect cards, but when I do, I prefer Nick Swisher!"
(06-09-2011, 06:41 AM)bonds20001 Wrote: [ -> ]It is absolutely a conspiracy between Chris Olds/Beckett and the American people.
I have alerted and advised Congress and the Committee on interstate trade and fraud to open an investigation into.....

OLDSGATE....

Called the Washington Post too!!!

What is the Whitehouse phone #??
LMAO, BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
chris olds you still rock keep up the great work you do.i think you should get a raise.
(Just so I can afford more Swishers...)
Nick Swisher needs an endorsement deal with Listerine.
(06-15-2011, 09:52 AM)andrewinnc Wrote: [ -> ]Nick Swisher needs an endorsement deal with Listerine.
Boooo.
(06-15-2011, 01:07 PM)chrisolds Wrote: [ -> ]Boooo.
C'mon! You know you want an Nick Swisher autographed bottle of mouthwash.
lol, talking in third person....

This thread needs to be moved to the wrestling forums.
(06-15-2011, 04:10 PM)wampier Wrote: [ -> ]lol, talking in third person....

This thread needs to be moved to the wrestling forums.
Only *after* Swisher signs with WWE next year.
Then would that make him a 6 tool player or just a tool?
btw, Chris, I will be heading to Dallas in the next couple of months. Where is the best card shop?? I have seen videos that you have shot, and it looks like they are well stocked. My LCS is about the size of a walk in closet... Would really like to go to a larger shop like they use to have around here back in the 90's .
thanks,
Pages: 1 2 3 4