Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Otherwise, why would I be getting so many of his autographs from Panini Hobby boxes? Absolute, Prizim and the most annoying of all - two of the exact same base autograph from one box of Score - yes, Panini actually gave me not one, but two base autographs of a 7th Round Draft Pick who was constantly injured in college and got injured and then waived-injured in the preseason from one box - that has to be some sort of record. Of Panini products, only Prestige avoided the Keith Marshall curse for me.
(10-31-2016 10:46 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: [ -> ]Otherwise, why would I be getting so many of his autographs from Panini Hobby boxes? Absolute, Prizim and the most annoying of all - two of the exact same base autograph from one box of Score - yes, Panini actually gave me not one, but two base autographs of a 7th Round Draft Pick who was constantly injured in college and got injured and then waived-injured in the preseason from one box - that has to be some sort of record. Of Panini products, only Prestige avoided the Keith Marshall curse for me.

That happens to me all the time in retail ... like, if there are four or five products in a given season, and each one gives you a free rookie jersey per blaster or whatever, I will pull like five or six of the same guy across each of those products.

For example, I have four Hunter Henry jerseys out of Panini retail football this year.

Like, one Prescott, Wentz or Elliott would be nice.

It would be nice if the card companies recognized that collectors might actually buy more than one box of each product.

The Henry thing is really disappointing ... two of the jerseys came in back to back blasters, so I know they were from the same retail case.

Mix it up, Panini!
(10-31-2016 10:46 AM)ZSDOne Wrote: [ -> ]who was constantly injured in college and got injured and then waived-injured in the preseason
Maybe he had plenty of time to sign autographs while laid up...
(10-31-2016 11:46 AM)rjcj2017 Wrote: [ -> ]That happens to me all the time in retail ... like, if there are four or five products in a given season, and each one gives you a free rookie jersey per blaster or whatever, I will pull like five or six of the same guy across each of those products.

I generally avoid Panini retail unless its discounted since it doesn't seem to ever produce very good results - if you are lucky, a low end rookie or veteran autograph or guaranteed jersey cards usually of lower end players.

These were all from Hobby boxes - had I gotten 2 Keith Marshal autos from Score retail it wouldn't have been that bad since Score retail doesn't guarantee autographs. It still would have been annoying because its better to get different cards. But other than Contenders Draft Picks, any auto out of Panini retail seems to be relatively rare. And while I've not gotten many of those, duplicate autos from them seem to be very common
Being a set builder, I get frustrated with the blasters as well. When new stuff comes out, I will usually buy a couple boxes (at the same store). The inserts will be different, but the vet/rookies are about 90% the same. I try to remind myself, if I want 2 boxes, then hit 2 different stores. It has also happened to me with Prestige and R&S in the past with hobby boxes when I get 2 at the same time (which I stopped doing).
(11-02-2016 06:04 AM)dogger99 Wrote: [ -> ]Being a set builder, I get frustrated with the blasters as well. When new stuff comes out, I will usually buy a couple boxes (at the same store). The inserts will be different, but the vet/rookies are about 90% the same. I try to remind myself, if I want 2 boxes, then hit 2 different stores. It has also happened to me with Prestige and R&S in the past with hobby boxes when I get 2 at the same time (which I stopped doing).

I used to do this too then I started buying from my 3 retail stores a box each.. which seemingly enough had different cards in them. you always get that bunch that are the same but then you get the 4 or 5 together that you need.. weird how that works right? haha its never randomly inserted.. the cards youre always seeking are together in a pack.
I made a trade with another collector that planned later to buy the same football product, so we decided to hit each other up for missing cards once we broke our boxes. Well, we found out that both of us were missing the exact same cards even though we bought from different vendors!

Nice collation processes...
Reference URL's