Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a blaster of these from Target over a month ago and I still can't find any info about this. There appears to be two versions of the base veteran cards. Of the 20 veteran cards that I pulled, 8 cards have a lighter blue-ish color of holofoil on the front. The backs are also a darker shade of gray. I know it isn't based on specific players b/c I pulled two Gronk cards and they are different. I pulled 3 Julius Thomas cards and one has a different colored front while it and one of the dark-front cards a different colored back from the other "dark-front". So it seems like the backs have a variation too. Here are some scans and the difference is pretty obvious. Any ideas?

Both cards on the left side in both scans are the dark-silver front cards and both of the cards on the right are the blue-silver front cards.

[Image: 201520TPlat20Duo-1.jpg]

[Image: 201520TPlat20Duo-2.jpg]

HELP!!!
I think it was just the way they were produced or printed. I noticed this on some of the one I bought. Almost like some were more reflective than others.
That still doesn't answer my question, but it's nice to know that someone else noticed this difference in the cards. The reflectivity of the cards is not the issue here. These are clearly a different COLOR from what is supposed to be the base card. My scans are completely accurate as to the color variation between the two versions of the cards.
I have been asking this question everywhere online since 1/01/16 and nobody can give me an exact answer about these cards.
(02-19-2016 02:48 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: [ -> ]That still doesn't answer my question, but it's nice to know that someone else noticed this difference in the cards. The reflectivity of the cards is not the issue here. These are clearly a different COLOR from what is supposed to be the base card. My scans are completely accurate as to the color variation between the two versions of the cards.
I have been asking this question everywhere online since 1/01/16 and nobody can give me an exact answer about these cards.

Adding to that, the difference in the backs of the cards has NOTHING to do with reflections. The backs are only cardboard and there is no reason for a card OR the scan of that card to reflect any different color.
Reference URL's