Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know why some of the cards have a black X on the back and some do not ? And does anyone know how to spot a Grand Finale version?
Not sure I've ever noticed whether some don't have the black X on the back. Do you have any scans?

As for the Gold vs. Grand Finale, look at the foil behind the player photo on the left side, the head-shot hologram on the lower right, and the helmet-shaped Upper Deck hologram on the back. All of these are gold on the Grand Finale, silver on the other parallels (including the base card).

1998 SPx Gold #18 Brett Favre
[Image: wiwtbl71.jpg]

1998 SPx Grand Finale #18 Brett Favre
[Image: 5uhso399.jpg]
(02-16-2016 03:44 PM)uwash97 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure I've ever noticed whether some don't have the black X on the back. Do you have any scans?

As for the Gold vs. Grand Finale, look at the foil behind the player photo on the left side, the head-shot hologram on the lower right, and the helmet-shaped Upper Deck hologram on the back. All of these are gold on the Grand Finale, silver on the other parallels (including the base card).

1998 SPx Gold #18 Brett Favre
[Image: wiwtbl71.jpg]

1998 SPx Grand Finale #18 Brett Favre
[Image: 5uhso399.jpg]

Thought I remember some without X but now that I look closer the X is there just obscured on Dark background. Think you are right.
Reference URL's