Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone sent in a complete collection to get it graded? Im working on the base auto set of Topps Chrome and thought it would be cool to try and get them all graded at least 9.5. Thoughts?
I really only collect graded cards and concentrate on HOFers. However, I am working on a complete graded set for 1958 Topps and am trying to get a minimum grade of BVG 7 for each card. This is a long term project and I'm about 40% complete
I've had complete sub sets graded, but not base set. World of difference between 100+ cards and collections <20.
I stalled on a grading a set of 175 (minimum 8.5) but I've always intended on picking it back up again. I think it's a cool idea as long as it doesn't wind up in a box collecting dust. Something like that deserved to be displayed!
If you can display them, I'd go for it! Grading to me is for my special cards, and rainbows of special players, as I don't do too many sets. I am doing the Topps Valor sets, and working on a couple smaller ones when I feel like it, but those fit just fine in binders.
How accurate is the beckett population report? I see a card graded on ebay that isn't on the list. Is that normal?
(02-11-2016 12:02 AM)JoeAdam Wrote: [ -> ]How accurate is the beckett population report? I see a card graded on ebay that isn't on the list. Is that normal?

Accurate as it can be. Example, i had a BGS 9/10 & cracked it to resub & it came back a 9.5/10 so I don't know how often this is done but imo its pretty accurate!

I personally only been grading my collection for the past 4-5 years with around over 300+ more Reggie Bush cards to grade & so I've learned a lot over the years. LMK if you have any questions or pointers.
Grading is a great way to skyrocket the value of an already sought-after card. It is also a great way to waste money if the card isn't in demand. Most cards aren't worth grading, especially if you don't intend to flip them.
(02-11-2016 12:02 AM)JoeAdam Wrote: [ -> ]How accurate is the beckett population report? I see a card graded on ebay that isn't on the list. Is that normal?

I wonder this as well. I am currently watching a BGS graded card that is not listed in their registry. Personally, I don't have a lot of faith in BGS!

I wish SGC had a better label. If they did I would probably use them for everything.
im in the Process pf grading the 2012 topps chrome #134 demarcus complete rainbow. to date i have the following graded.
Superfractor 1/1 bgs 9.5
Cyan Magenta and yellow plates BGS 9.5
Black printing plate is Bgs authentic.
Red refractor/25 Bgs 9.5
gold refractor/50 bgs 9.5
sepia refractor /99 bgs 9.5as for how accurate there registry is take the Bar code number on the salb and do the Serial number search on the site. ive called before and some times cards dont get inputed correctly.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's