Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Ernie Banks Buyback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently was going through and organizing a old box of 2010 Heritage when I came across a great find i must have missed the first time around. Heritage over the years randomly inserts original buyback cards with a foil stamp on them. Well it turns out i was lucky enough to pull a 1961 Topps Ernie Banks. You never know how rare these buyback cards are, like how many Banks were reissued that year 1/1?,but I have never seen one the caliber of Banks before. I was just wondering what you guys think? Also i do have it available for trade in the right offer.
I personally value it no more than whatever a '61 Banks books for. I find the stamp as a devaluer, imo. I wish topps would not do that.
(07-28-2015 09:38 PM)bunk27 Wrote: [ -> ]I personally value it no more than whatever a '61 Banks books for. I find the stamp as a devaluer, imo. I wish topps would not do that.

This is the way it seems a lot of collectors view this. At least it seams that way when reading the boards.

You may be able to find that obscure collector that will put more value into it but the majority is just going to go with regular value and some will devalue it because of the stamp.
Reference URL's