Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So as you. All know my wife and i gave birth to a beautiful baby bboy this week.

Well, we havent had the luxury of enjoying being a family yet. Before they discharged us, my wife started vomitting blood. The first night we were there, they gave her four doses of a medication she was not supposed to have due to a past surgery to her stomach. When they did a CT scan, they discovered her small intested was obstructed AND flipped around itself, so yesterday they rushed her in for exploratory surgery.

They doctors. Ended up having to remove over 150 cm (which j think isroughly Seven feet) of her small intestine. They may have to remove more, to the point they vaccum sealed her abdominal cavity and didnt even close her up. Shes in ICU in critical condition and they are going back in today.

They mlst terrifying part is the fact that, before they took her in, she told me very bluntly that she didnt think she could survive this...and she really meant it.

This is the first time since i met my wife that we have gone more than an hr without talking, im not handling it well at all.

Makkng matters worse, its my oldest daughters birthday monday too.

Thanks for letting me vent guys, it helps to be able to let my feelings out.
Wow, sorry to hear things are not going well with your wife! Stay positive for her, she'll need your strength! I'll talk with my girlfriend and we'll send some prayers you and your wife's way!
Sorry to hear this man, you got some prayers coming your way, I hope everything turns out ok with everything,
I will definitely pray for you and your wife. I've just gotten out of the hospital a week or so ago after having an obstructed colon. Apparently eating healthy ( nuts, seeds) was not a good thing. I ended up avoiding surgery, thank goodness, but it was definitely a frightening experience. One of my coworkers had the same situation as your wife. It's fortunate she was in a hospital when this happened. Sometimes the intestine an get perforated and that makes it even worse. Looks like God was actually looking out for your 1 of 1 after all.

Just for a laugh, my doctor told me when I was released:
" Well, now you can tell everybody that not only are you certifiably crazy, but you are also full of s#%"

I could have killed him for making me laugh

Prayers for the both of you.
PRAYERS GO OUT TO UR FAMILY DURING THIS TRYING TIME.
I'm just totally lost without her, since i go to school and work two jobs,she was ink charge of the finances.now,i can handle paying bills, but all the bill money is in her personal checking account that i cannot access. Also,couple all this with the fact that we need to be out of our old house,and I'm just losing it.
OMG, I'm so sorry to hear that your family is going thru such a rough patch. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and hope everything turns out OK.
Hey did they call it diverticulitis? If so, my best friend had this, and it was scary and stressful, but doctors are awesome, so she is in good hands.

Our prayers and thoughts for a speedy recovery, so you can enjoy your baby!

- Kms
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Vibes your way, man! Stay strong for everyone around you!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's