Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My buddy pulled a Peyton Manning non auto printing plate out of 2014 crown royale. Now the question is I know its hard to value but what does everyone think a fair trade value for it would be?

second question would it be unfair to ask for a peyton manning auto in return for it?

I have the card with me and he ask me to see what I could get him for it.
I get most of my Jordy Nelson non-auto plates for about 30 bucks. Personally, I would say 100-150, maybe 200. I'm sure one of the Manning collectors here could give you a better number, though.
I've seen Aaron Rodgers plates for go in the $100 range. Could always check completed listings on the auction site for more comparisons. Nice pull by him! Someone might trade a lower end auto of Manning for it, not sure you'd get a real nice one, but who knows...never hurts to ask!
Printing plates are kinda a funny thing in the hobby, some people value them pretty good for their collection, others do not see them as important for player collections.

Speaking personally, if I collected Peyton, I'd want it for my collection, but I wouldn't see it as having close to the value of a signature...
(01-20-2015 11:34 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: [ -> ]Printing plates are kinda a funny thing in the hobby, some people value them pretty good for their collection, others do not see them as important for player collections.

Speaking personally, if I collected Peyton, I'd want it for my collection, but I wouldn't see it as having close to the value of a signature...

Yeah, that's how I look at them. I actually have a number of them ATM, but I'm definitely not going to be paying more for a 1/1 plate than I am of say a /10 auto of Nelson! I would probably pay about as much as I would a card that would be numbered to /4, since there are normally 4 colors for the plates. I like having them because they are, technically, a 1/1, and will get them if they go with the rainbows I am putting together (or I can trade for them).
Thanks everyone for your input I appreciate it.
2014 peyton print plates have sold for 70-110 dollars each recently
For most players, I would say an auto is more valuable than a plate. However, Manning has a ton of auto's. I think an auto from a mid-range product would be a fair exchange for a printing plate.
Thank you guys, I appreciate the input!
Printing plates and 1 offs never have excited me. I'll only pick them up when they're ludicrously cheap and I usually end up selling them again. Not sure why, but I think maybe because it's no fun to party by yourself?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's