Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been fortunate to pick up the Cracked Ice versions of the Contenders that I collect (Saints and LSU) from past years, but I'm gonna be SOL this year. Unfortunately, Odell Beckham and Jeremy Hill are in demand, and I can't even come close to paying 1,000 dollars or more for one. That is just insane.

most of his other stuff is in the stratosphere as well. Guess I'll be waiting for a while until things calm down
Try your luck a group breaks. Slight chance you could get close.
I've been seeing that with landry stuff… some of it is just way took high for what it is !
Same for Abbrederis, former Badger, current Packer. Blew out his knee in training camp, but people what $100 or more for his 1/1's! In my mind, that's insane lol. But people are out to make money, and if people pay the price, those prices keep going up. Hopefully we will all get our chance at some quality cards as prices drop with the new set of rookies this fall.
Just wait until the Beckham hype dies down next season. People won't be spending close to that when he making regular catches for a crappy team next year.
The funny thing about football rookie cards is how many players get cards but never get to step on the field.
(01-15-2015 03:14 PM)jonathani Wrote: [ -> ]The funny thing about football rookie cards is how many players get cards but never get to step on the field.

I am guessing you really mean baseball cards. I imagine over 95% will see playing time in football, compared to maybe 7% in baseball.
(01-15-2015 04:00 PM)mbostick Wrote: [ -> ]I am guessing you really mean baseball cards. I imagine over 95% will see playing time in football, compared to maybe 7% in baseball.

only if you are include preseason games.
(01-15-2015 04:56 PM)ZSDOne Wrote: [ -> ]only if you are include preseason games.

I will give you that, although comment was step on the field.

There were 257 picks last year, 27 were cut before the season (none before round 5). So almost 90% made the team. Also many of the cut players, did not get cards, outside of the unlicensed brands. How many of the 27 were signed by other teams I am not looking up, but I bet a few were. If you include the cut played signed by other teams, you just might reach my 95%.

But it's not just baseball with a terrible % that make it to the show, hockey is maybe 20%, basketball, maybe 30%.

Mind you, a football team is much larger team, and has less draft picks overall, but that is kind of beside the point of discussion.
I am having the same problem with my Dallas Cowboys Playoff Contenders...It's going to be tough getting ahold of my Michael Sam autos. =P
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's