Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
First, if you are on this list you will NOT be allowed to participate:
http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1566196.html
Q. What is the Secret Santa Gift Exchange?
A. Its a fun program where participants are paired with another member and send items as a gift and in return are sent a gift by another random member. (your secret santa will NOT be disclosed)

Q. How much do I need to send?
A. There is a minimum of $20 resale value per eBay recent sales, however there is no maximum. If sending cards, please check with recent sales.

Q. Can I participate?
A. If the following requirements are met, Yes!
1. You must be a Beckett forum member
2. you must have at least one of the following - been a member for at least 6 months, have 100 forum posts, 3 positive references from this forum, or have completed at least 5 trades w/positive feedback.
3. If you have had a slow or bad deal in the past you will not be eligible
4. If you belong to this list you will not be allowed to participate: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1566196.html
5. You must have a valid address and phone number
6. You must be able to send a gift/gifts of at least $20 in value. (cards must be $20 resale value per ebay recent sales)
7. Once you participate, you will automatically be eligible for next year.
8. You MUST be able to ship your item by Dec 18th to be sure the item arrives by Dec 25. (so the sooner the better, but there is no guarantees of the arrival date as it would be up to your secret santa.)

Q. How do I know who I have and who has me?
A.Your name will be kept anonymous, and your santa will be selected by my using random.org for the order. All participants will be in one random, meaning someone stateside might get someone in Canada. You will not know who has your name unless your santa wishes to inform you otherwise, or they may remain secret.

Q. I live in Canada can I participate?
A. Yes! (Shipping MUST be taken into consideration as the value of the gift/gifts still must equal at least $20).

Q. How do I get involved?
A. email me at gonutz06@yahoo.com (PLEASE include this title in the subject line of the email "2014 Beckett Secret Santa."
I need the following:
Beckett Screen Name, Name, Address, and email (phone number would be helpful)
Favorite Sport, Favorite Team, Favorite Player, Preferred Product(ie, TTT, Bowman,etc) Hobbies

Q. I got my package now what?
A. Part of the fun of this is to see what everyone received. It is highly recommended that you post a picture of your item/items to let everyone know what you received.

Q. What if I do not receive a gift?
A. IF you are unlucky enough not to receive a gift, I will make every attempt possible to contact the santa in question. If unsuccessful in the attempt to reach them, I am sure there is enough generosity in this community to make good on your gift (that was my experience in the past)

Feel free to let me know if you have questions or concerns and I will do my best to help or get it figured out.
***Please understand I am volunteering my own time for this project and cannot be held accountable for items not received/lost in the mail.

I am getting emails on this so to remind everyone, I need:
Beckett Screen Name
Name
Address
Favorite Sport
Favorite Team
Favorite Player
Preferred Product (ie TTT, Bowman, etc)
Hobbies

---------------------------------EDIT---------------------------------------------------------
Verified Participants:
eharris3abc
Jeffgehringer
Petercopp
WilltheThrill22
Snappyjoe75
Thepointguard_10
buckles2335
richk
Mickey871
dimarco73
ne12bc12
rad_1205
mmahoney
Odyssey
kingofallmarks
Scottzoe
christiem
CrakumsGT
Point401
pschilling0001
RyanKramer961
sshissler
tate31nym
a1c_speck
So far I have 5 confirmed participants with address'
Email sent!
Can you please clarify the following:
Is the $20 minimum value the book value or the resale value?
If people from Canada join, are you going to pair people up based on country or is everyone going to get mixed together?
You asking people to list their favorite sport, does that mean you're going to open this up to other sports or just baseball? The biggest reason I ask is because there are some people who only collect baseball and don't know much about other sports or only have baseball price guide, so they have no idea what value other sports cards are worth. So if one of these people got matched up with another collector that only wanted basketball cards, it could be problematic.
djohn raises a good point- I assume it's $20 resale value, just baseball.

Also, when I sent my email I included what I collect specifically for whoever gets my name in the Secret Santa, as I thought that would be helpful as well.
I am going to say $20 resale value per eBay recent sales. For the most part everyone one here is more then generous and will send over that. That said it is a minimum of $20, this does not mean grab a blaster and ship that.
Put a little thought into it. A blaster is awesome but also toss in some PC Cards or whatever.
Also your gift is not limited to cards.
As far as members in Canada they will be tossed in the mix with everyone. I will have no say in it. All names will be put in random.org.

I only ask what sports you like to get an idea. For example; if I had a Michael Irvin auto'do mini helmet laying around and the person I got liked the Cowboys, I would add it in my package along with whatever baseball cards or whatever I want to send.
(11-12-2014 10:38 AM)yankees_pride Wrote: [ -> ]I am going to say $20 resale value per eBay recent sales. For the most part everyone one here is more then generous and will send over that. That said it is a minimum of $20, this does not mean grab a blaster and ship that.
Put a little thought into it. A blaster is awesome but also toss in some PC Cards or whatever.
Also your gift is not limited to cards.
As far as members in Canada they will be tossed in the mix with everyone. I will have no say in it. All names will be put in random.org.

I only ask what sports you like to get an idea. For example; if I had a Michael Irvin auto'do mini helmet laying around and the person I got liked the Cowboys, I would add it in my package along with whatever baseball cards or whatever I want to send.
Please modify your original post to include these clarifications. Last year one of the issues occurred because of confusion in the original post and even though it was detailed in a later post, some people didn't read all the posts in the thread so they missed it. I'm just trying to help you avoid some of the same issues that happened last year.
(11-12-2014 11:43 AM)djohn Wrote: [ -> ]Please modify your original post to include these clarifications. Last year one of the issues occurred because of confusion in the original post and even though it was detailed in a later post, some people didn't read all the posts in the thread so they missed it. I'm just trying to help you avoid some of the same issues that happened last year.

Will do.....

Do we all agree to this?
I think it sounds great.
I too think it sounds good.

Thanks, William
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Reference URL's