Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I selected a bunch of cards and filled to set Keep = 1, and got a message that the fill function updated the records and 1s appeared where I wanted them. Then I went on to another page, filled in some more fields, but when I went back to the first page, the 1s had all reverted to 0s.

So it looks like another site update was moved into production without adequate testing. I'll renew my offer to serve as a user-side tester....

And I see there are a couple of new entries in the default collections list - eBay Items - Current and eBay Items - Expiring. What's that about? How about fixing significant functions that are broken (in particular, the Find Records feature in the organizer, which you've broken and then hid rather than fix) before adding in new features that may only deliver marginal value?? What about MatchMaker?

And what happened to improving communications with the user base?
What, no response?? Nobody cares?
I am having the same issue. I entered a slew of cards - removed the want, trade for which it showed as done. Then added as 'haves.' Showed done, moved them to new folder and ......... nothing. I of course have already filed them all and am not sure exactly which ones they were.
(09-27-2014 12:25 AM)mswatson Wrote: [ -> ]What, no response?? Nobody cares?

Not many people read the help boards and no one that can do anything reads them.
Suggest contacting Dan Hitt@beckett.com
At least I get a response from him...

Good luck...with the response that is..
I do not know what to tell you there, Mark. I have not seen this issue myself, but I can suggest that you might want to clear the cookies on your web browser. It might help. As for Dan Hitt's email address: dhitt@beckett.com
Best wishes!

Randi
I'm having the same issue...it works ok if you fill them manually but not bulk using the 'fill' button.
(09-28-2014 06:24 PM)rayeates Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know what to tell you there, Mark. I have not seen this issue myself, but I can suggest that you might want to clear the cookies on your web browser. It might help. As for Dan Hitt's email address: dhitt@beckett.com
Best wishes!

Randi

Cleared cookies/cache, still a problem. Moved over to IE (I'm a Firefox user), still a problem. Here's what I did - I created a new collection - Ultra 14-15. Added the base Ultra 14-15 set to this collection (230 cards or so). Went to the collection, selected the first page full of cards (100 cards). Used the Fill function to set Keep=1 for all cards, got a message confirming that the fill function updated all selected records, and they did show a 1 in the Keep column. Navigated to the second page of the collection, changed Keep to 1 for those cards in the same way, same for page 3. Went back to page 1 to update Haves - Keeps are now all 0. Whole collection.

Clearly somebody at Beckett made a change that's been moved to the production website - the message you get now when you use the fill function is different than it was a couple of days ago. Looks to me like they didn't set the program to commit the updated fields to the database, so when you move off the page, the data in the database is unchanged. Come back to the page, it retrieves the data from the database to populate the page, and bingo, all zeroes again.

Sorry to go off here, but this is really frustrating, they are incrementally degrading the working functionality of the system. I've been a loyal user (although admittedly vocal at times), this is the only tool I use to manage my collection (a big collection, my All Items collection has over 300,000 haves entered in it). I hate to even consider the effort required to move to some other tool, but Beckett seems focused on making me do so.
Stillllllll not working Beckett.
4 days in a row and sell fill function still not working Sad and no communication from beckett? any updates and obviously a fix would be appreciated and helpful!!
I am seeing the same behavior as well.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's