Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to remove items from my recently traded without having to remove the tag from each one individually? I don't want to send them to the trash since they belong in other tagged collections, but this is tedious! Thanks for your help!
Couple of ways to do it..
Send them all to trash and then send them to the collections you want to. You do not lose the cards until you empty trash.
OR...you can select each card and move them into the collections, but the tags follow and/or not removed from the other collections.
Say you have cards tagged recently traded, sf giants and trade..to remove all the tags and move to collection..I go through trash and then send..the other tags are removed..
OR...you can select each card, remove the tag and send them to the collection..
OR..you can leave them as such and check the all items and see what collections they are in and the trade away and trade for and have and wants are checked.

In my case, when I trade, the cards are added to recently traded and still stay in my wants folder. I have to go the wants folder and send those cards to trash..the copy in recently traded stays and then I move them or trash them as needed. But I have only 3 main folders I have to keep up with, if you have many tags, then it is tedious to sort, delete and move..

Interested to hear what others do for this...I literally spend several minutes every trade moving cards and making sure they are not dups in other folders causing me to trade away a card I do not have or get a card I already have..worth the effort for me..

Hope this helps a little
You could create a 'dummy' collection, move all the cards from Recently Traded to that new collection, and then delete the 'dummy' collection. The Recently Traded tag would be removed when the cards are moved to the new collection. Then by deleting the collection from the Manage Collections menu, it removes that collection but keeps any existing tags on the cards. If the cards are only listed in the 'dummy' collection, they will no longer have tags when the collection is deleted, so you'll want to make sure the cards are appropriately tagged before deleting the 'dummy' collection.
And it is harder to manage with more tags applied..
That is why I try to keep up with it daily..that way it does not suck an hour of your life away (Princess Bride reference) "How does that make you feel?"
When I receive cards in the mail,
1. I open a Firefox tab and get into my recently traded folder.
2. I open another Firefox tab and get into my all items.
3. I find the card in the recently traded Firefox tab, and if possible, copy the card description to my clipboard. Sometimes, I actually have to click on the card since the description is too big.
4. I then paste the description into my all items Firefox tab.
5. I adjust the attributes on the card in the correct collection instance and send the recently traded to trash.
6. After this tedious time consuming repetitive task, I empty my trash.
Tip: You can search for the person you traded with in the recently traded folder to limit what cards were included in the trade.
open two tabs, one recently traded, the other my wants. All outgoing cards if it is the only copy I have immediately move to trash out of the recently traded. those traded that I still have copies of have to do the tab click thing. go to wants and for incoming cards remove those that came in that are recently traded to trash and set all trash values of wants and trade for to zero. move new cards in recently traded to respective folders.
(08-22-2014 12:40 PM)ses3225 Wrote: [ -> ]You could create a 'dummy' collection, move all the cards from Recently Traded to that new collection, and then delete the 'dummy' collection. The Recently Traded tag would be removed when the cards are moved to the new collection. Then by deleting the collection from the Manage Collections menu, it removes that collection but keeps any existing tags on the cards. If the cards are only listed in the 'dummy' collection, they will no longer have tags when the collection is deleted, so you'll want to make sure the cards are appropriately tagged before deleting the 'dummy' collection.

I just want to make sure that moving all of the "Recently Traded" items to the "dummy" collection will not also remove the items from another collection before I trash the "dummy" collection. 99% of the "Recently Traded" items are already part of another collection (for example "Rookies" or "Inserts and Autos").

If an item in "Recently Traded" has multiple tags, would it be better for me to simply remove the "Recently Traded" tag, rather than moving it to another collection and then trashing it?

Thanks.
(10-23-2014 10:04 AM)shierydana Wrote: [ -> ]I just want to make sure that moving all of the "Recently Traded" items to the "dummy" collection will not also remove the items from another collection before I trash the "dummy" collection. 99% of the "Recently Traded" items are already part of another collection (for example "Rookies" or "Inserts and Autos").

If an item in "Recently Traded" has multiple tags, would it be better for me to simply remove the "Recently Traded" tag, rather than moving it to another collection and then trashing it?

Thanks.

Using the 'move' option moves the card from the currect collection to the one you select. So as long as you use the 'move' option while in the Recently Added collection, your other tags will stay put. I do it all the time and have never had an issue with other tags being removed.
(08-22-2014 12:40 PM)ses3225 Wrote: [ -> ]You could create a 'dummy' collection, move all the cards from Recently Traded to that new collection, and then delete the 'dummy' collection. The Recently Traded tag would be removed when the cards are moved to the new collection. Then by deleting the collection from the Manage Collections menu, it removes that collection but keeps any existing tags on the cards. If the cards are only listed in the 'dummy' collection, they will no longer have tags when the collection is deleted, so you'll want to make sure the cards are appropriately tagged before deleting the 'dummy' collection.

I do this too and find it the easiest way to deal with this issue. As ses3225 explained, just make sure you are "Moving" to another collection. That will remove the Recently Traded tag and replace it with the tag from your "dummy" collection. After you delete your "dummy" collection, the cards will only remain in any other collection you have it tagged for.
Thanks, everyone. I just wanted to make sure I won't be creating duplicate entries in whichever collection I move the cards to.

Do the "Recently Traded" cards increase (or decrease) the value of your total collection?
Reference URL's