Beckett Message Boards

Full Version: Shilled to the maxx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A month ago I got into a banter with a seller on the bay for a 2013 topps magic red auto brian hartline 1/1. $125 or best, was the original. I sent him a very good offer of 60 and it was turned down. Stating the reason as all of you know...previous hartline sales! (THAT I BOUGHT). After going through all this, I told him best of luck getting anything over 50. Well a few weeks pass and he offers the card to me for 55 lol. I go to buy and he says at the last minute, I just sold it for 80. I said sure, and moved on.

Well a week ago it pops up on auction, buying it for 80 then putting it to auction seemed really dumb but whatever, I'll get it for the 50 I was willing to spend the first time. Going through the bids, there was a buyer with 2 feedback atop of the list, I kept putting bids in until it was over and had maxed at 50, well so did the other guy with 2 feedback and he won it....BUT WAIT, the card then gets re-re-listed no more than 12 hours later by the same seller for, oh wow, $50!! Knowing someone REAL put up 50, And I'm no longer wanting it.

2 months they pissed around with me when I said I'd give them what it was worth, but all this horse play made me upset and ill use that 50 elsewhere.

Go Phins!
It happens, I hate people who try to get over on other people like that.
That's funny stuff. But honestly if it were me I'd still buy the card for $50 since that's what I was willing to pay all along. Ultimately you "win" despite all their ridiculous shenanigans. Using a shill account to find someone's max bid is not only illegal but it's unnecessary. That's what the Best Offer option is for. But maybe they were taught a different way or something. Anyway at some point you'll regret not getting that card, and maybe this is an opportunity to reset what Hartline 1/1s "go for". Although maybe now you could get it for less...
With the $ you saved. Hartline's Ferrari is on eBay right now.
What a load of horse manure! Offer $30 for time wasted, then report both accounts to eBay after you have the card in hand.
(03-17-2014 04:21 PM)coltsfansince85 Wrote: [ -> ]What a load of horse manure! Offer $30 for time wasted, then report both accounts to eBay after you have the card in hand.

Lol I did lowball and he countered and I declined. But it sold so whatever haha
(03-17-2014 01:16 PM)uwash97 Wrote: [ -> ]That's funny stuff. But honestly if it were me I'd still buy the card for $50 since that's what I was willing to pay all along. Ultimately you "win" despite all their ridiculous shenanigans. Using a shill account to find someone's max bid is not only illegal but it's unnecessary. That's what the Best Offer option is for. But maybe they were taught a different way or something. Anyway at some point you'll regret not getting that card, and maybe this is an opportunity to reset what Hartline 1/1s "go for". Although maybe now you could get it for less...

I agree, I'd be pretty pissed but if it were an elway that rare i needed I'd get it anyway. If you can get it for 50 you still won imo
Looks like it sold.
(03-18-2014 10:29 AM)0264 roadrunner1964 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like it sold.

Yeah it did, bottom left corner was dinged and looked like the upper left corner was suspect too. That on top of being a low end set. Even 50 started to sound redic..let someone else "enjoy" it lol
(03-18-2014 10:43 AM)butterworth1326 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah it did, bottom left corner was dinged and looked like the upper left corner was suspect too. That on top of being a low end set. Even 50 started to sound redic..let someone else "enjoy" it lol

Seems they took $40 for it.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's