Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello all, lately I have been breaking cases of product and do not have room for all of the base. I want to sell off the cards in the most efficient way. My two best ways that have been determined are selling lots of the exact same card or selling complete sets of a product. The complete sets are harder to put together. Opinions......
I gave up with sets and trying to sell base, and actually have just donated my extra base cards. After doing that recently, I already have a couple hundred 2013 Contenders base that I'm going to need to get rid of, and at least for me they aren't worth the effort of trying to sell for .50 for 10 of them.

What type of cards do you have a lot of base for?
i have had a hard time recently but their are still bites here and there that make it worth it especially when ebay lets me list for free.
I usually try to find members who collect certain teams and just send them their way
Unless it is Chrome I usually just throw away or donate to local shop. I do keep big name players like Peyton, Brees, Brady people like that. I can usually get a few $$ on Ebay for lots of star players.
i still do not understand why base is always tossed to the side as unimportant. it makes up the majority of most sets.
Set builders are a dying bread everybody just wants the Autos and jsy cards. Plus they dont make it a challenge anymore for the most part. Of course you still have some sets that have SP's but alot of products you buy one box and you have the entire base set.
(02-24-2014 04:30 PM)bdb1 Wrote: [ -> ]Set builders are a dying bread everybody just wants the Autos and jsy cards. Plus they dont make it a challenge anymore for the most part. Of course you still have some sets that have SP's but alot of products you buy one box and you have the entire base set.

I used to do base sets, but just focus on the Packers now, myself. But, I do collect Packers base. While autos and jersey cards are cool, I still like having base cards from the various sets of stuff for Packers players Smile Maybe I'm in the minority with that, though.
(02-24-2014 04:35 PM)bojesphob Wrote: [ -> ]I used to do base sets, but just focus on the Packers now, myself. But, I do collect Packers base. While autos and jersey cards are cool, I still like having base cards from the various sets of stuff for Packers players Smile Maybe I'm in the minority with that, though.

i love base cards of players in my PC. They are usually distinct and have nice photography.
I still love putting sets together, I am still working on putting my thousands of base in the org if someone else likes trading them.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's