Beckett Message Boards

You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is the link to the article.

This same scout said that Russell Wilson would be an outstanding pro.

Hobby wise, Johnny Manziel's cards will be insane due to the hype. I just hope his hype matches his production more so than Tebow.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Scou...Favre.html
I would take that comparison with a grain of salt.... Favre had a portion of his intestines removed because of a car wreck right before the bowl game his senior year, and he played and did really well. Manziel hasn't really had all that much adversity yet (unless you count bad press), so if I were that scout, I'd be hesitant to make any comparisons like that. He may have guessed that Wilson was going to be good, but so did a lot of other people...
i was really impressed last night with manziel....i didnt even know he played basketball

wait, duke has a football team?

manziel isnt going to be a good nfl qb, just like tebow, eric crouch, troy smith, gino torreto...
(01-01-2014 07:52 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]i was really impressed last night with manziel....i didnt even know he played basketball

wait, duke has a football team?

manziel isnt going to be a good nfl qb, just like tebow, eric crouch, troy smith, gino torreto...

"LIKE"
(01-02-2014 09:48 PM)chibearsboy Wrote: [ -> ]"LIKE"

I'm gonna have to disagree since I watched a more then a few of their games in full. He has an arm and awareness - he's not just run first/pass second.

He's a freaking punk, and I don't personally like him - but he's legit.
I was partly kidding. to be honest, the qb he reminds me most of, in both skill set and personality, is ryan leaf
(01-02-2014 11:47 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: [ -> ]I was partly kidding. to be honest, the qb he reminds me most of, in both skill set and personality, is ryan leaf

Totally agree. All the talent in the world with a brain that gets in the way. Brain - is that the right term? Lack of?
I've watched about 25 or so A&M games over the last 2 years and think its a coinflip as to what he'll be in the NFL but he wont be something in between. He'll either be a bust or a Russell Wilson 2.0. I just dont know how he'll translate to the speed of the NFL (not that the SEC doesnt have speed).
Cannon of an arm, but runs with football too sloppy. After a half dozen fumbles in the NFL, he'll have to pass more, then once you can plan for him. It'll be over.
Manziel seems to be the man for now... He's an instinctive and intuitive player. BUT.... Like my coach once told me 1 time"You step on this collegiate field you do so with 100 other blue chippers, If you make it to the pros you step on the field with the guys that eat blue chips... Welcome to the NFL
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's